Kinda confused on this

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by TheFourWinds, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TheFourWinds

TheFourWinds Guest

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I figured it couldn't hurt. Before I can go into the problem I need to explain a bit first. I am 25 and came out as bisexual/predominently gay (about a 80/20 split) about a year and half ago. As a kid i always felt something was a bit off, but my parents are your typical 1950's value republicans, so I just repressed the hell out of it and went about my merry way. At 15 I fell in love with my best friend Mike who was straight and as a result tried my damnedest to ignore and forget about it for 9 years. It wasn't until i traveled 4 hours away from home for college and was openly asked by one of my friends if i was gay, that I truly started to realize who I was. Following a two week panic attack streak and about six months of introspection I finally accepted who i was.

This then leads in to my question, through out the past year I would say, I have been becoming increasingly jealous of my women friend's bodies, I have been progressively viewing myself as a girl in sexual situations (in such situations I find myself wanting to be the women more and more), normal life situations, and am starting to want to make my body look more feminine, I grew my hair out and have been mistaken for a girl a couple of times, each time it makes me smile almost reflexively.

I am normally a straight acting kinda of guy(for lack of a better term), having been raised as such (the parents aren't going to know about my sexual orientation until i'm out of college and financially stable) and this really throws me for a bit of a loop. It wouldn't bother me so much if the feelings weren't getting progessively stronger over time. As far as my life goes I'm very content, I am finishing my BA, and I have a mostly supportive family exception being the parents(whom also care about me, but would take my coming out in true Hindenburg fashion), and a great group of friends who accept me for who I am, one is even an ex GSA president. Again I am not really sure what to do about this, it feels like a natural thing to me, but my logical side can't seem make heads or tails of it, I'm not sure if i should see a therapist or what at this point. If anyone can give me some advice on this I would very much appreciate it.

Ps. If this is the wrong place for such a post, could someone possibly point me to the right place. And apologies for the waste of time.

Sincerely
    TheFourWinds

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

The best option would be to see a therapist. If you are transgender, the only possible way for you to legally get a sex change would for you to have a therapist assure that you are mentally stable and that it is the correct decision for you.

In the meantime, if you are not ready to see a therapist, perhaps you should attempt some cross-dressing, informally drag, to see how you essentially feel regarding being a woman in that sense.

3. TheFourWinds

TheFourWinds Guest

Thanks for the advice, I know of a therapist relatively close to me, I'll have to hit them up and see what happens. I also have a relatively extensive cross-dressing wardrobe, but I don't think I could pull it off well enough in public, so its mostly for private use.

Thanks Again
    TheFourWinds