Killer Wants State To Pay For Sex Change

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dirk_Pitt, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

did you read my last post, ive already discussed why i don't think this is cosmetic surgery.
    and i don't think people would be commiting petty crimes for gender resignment, because if it was a petty crime, they would be out of prison before it could be considered.
    I feel that I can't go any further with this arguement, beacuse I feel that Ive said all I can do, I think most people have no idea about the huge implictations of sex changes.
    good arguement folks, I think I need to agree to differ, I might come on board again if someone comes up with the arguement against from a different angel, but at the moment i'm going to end up repeating myself.
    its great that we've discussed, without any flaming-so far.
    And i'm glad ive thrown a spanner in the works, over wise this thread would just have contained remarks like 'ridiclous' and 'disgusting'.
    for what its worth, I think that someone in prison sueing over the wrong brand of peanut butter, is outragous
    S

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Sorry, I actually didn't see your last post for some reason...

3. Samhain

did you want to make a comment on it :p
    S

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I think you are right, but in a prison setting, the powers that be have to be extra careful.
    There are many factors to consider...like having to move him to a women's prison afterwards...
    What if a man is unhappy afterwards and comes back and says he was forced into it?

5. Samhain

forced into it no, as there would be medicals records consent, not a problem, but i think she should be in a womans prison already.
    look what youve done i'm replying to this thread again!
    S

6. Samhain

yeah I want to honour the way we've discussed and argued this, great debate folks
    S

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Samhain, you're not going to appreciate this, but I'm being honest.

The person in question committed the worst crime. He deprived another of his/her life. He deserves a 2m x 4m unfurnished concrete room for the remainder of his life. I don't believe in capital punishment, it's barbaric, as barbaric as murder itself. But he certainly deserves no civil rights, and certainly doesn't deserve high priced medical care.

The surgery aside, do you know what the aftercare costs? Or how long it takes? After penectomy/vaginoplasty, you have to be stinted a minimum of weekly to keep it from closing up, because until it epidermializes, the vagina of a reassigned person is basically an open wound. And they're going to do all of this in prison??? On our tax dollars?

Give my tax dollars to teach Iraqi and Afghani girls how to read. Give this guy a room with no sunlight and cold showers forever. That's karma.

8. 121

121 Senior Member

The man is a murderer.... he should get the death penalty, not fucking gender bender surgery. It's a crime in itself that he is still allowed to breath.

Do you agree with me Zoomie?

9. Zoomie

No, sorry. Death penalty is hypocritical. Killing to punish for killing. Bad idea. There are worse things than death, things much more dishonored. Make him suffer. Make him live. Make him wish he HAD been put to death.

10. 121

121 Senior Member

I like you more everyday :D

11. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I agree, regardless of his mental state, he has killed someone and is in prison. No one but himself should have to pay for his sex change operation.

12. 121

121 Senior Member

He shouldn't be able to pay for anything. Send him to a Turkish prison and see what their take is on this rediculous nonsense.

13. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

they would prolly only too gladly give him his sex change. :p

14. 121

121 Senior Member

Lol

15. Zoomie

No, I'm quite sure they'd get a bit of mileage out of him just as he is...

16. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Bearing in mind that my computer wouldn't load the source page I have to say I think everybody in here is missing the point;

this man is a fucking genius!! and I really don't think he's transsexual at all.
    think about it; the guy gets sent to prison for murder (for life?) and realises he has two options; spend the rest of his life surrounded by men, some of whom are going to use him as a woman, or become a woman and spend the rest of his life surrounded by women (etc, etc...).

the whole "does he deserve the op, and should the tax payers foot the bill" issue is one I'd have to take some serious time to mull over, but my first thought is they should go ahead and give it to him just to reward his creativity.

(but like I said, I didn't read the source page).

17. Zoomie

OK, so let's pick this apart.

1. He killed his wife. Bad, bad, bad. Iand I know bad, I'm on my third marriage.

2. Massachusetts was dumb enough to let him get hormones, boobs and laser the hair off his junk. This sets a precedent.

3. OK, so he commits suicide. I don't see how anyone is forcing him to off himself. But let's say he does. Is his dead wife going to sue the state for loss of marital rights? Nope. So let him commit suicude. Problem solved.