Kids don't play football anymore

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 25, 2019.

1. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

She just wants the opposite sex to live up to her magnificent expectations of what an ideal young male should act like, regardless of the health risks involved, or whether or not it affects her daily life. Is that so bad?

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, OK. But more honestly, I just want to see a solid stockpool of boys flowing through in contact sports.

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  3. It makes me so wet.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Soccer ( real football since you use your feet) is contact. Europeans like to joke about the flops that ruin the game but when I watched the world cup those guys were rough with each other.

So is hockey and basketball and they are common in America. In each sport you want to hit a guy so he's knocked out of the way or charge him and run him over and score. Neither one shows the brain damage from our football.

StellarCoon likes this.
  5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Yea, I'm a soccer fan. It's very contact. Sucks cause none of those guys have protective gear, and even seemingly minor injuries can get you out of the game.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think @Irminsul is referring to full-contact or collision sports.

Hockey could be considered a "true" or full-contact sport but Basketball isn't really. Charging in basketball is a foul and is usually instigated by the defender, establishing position to the basket.

That being said, I sure wouldn't want to take a charge from a 6'9 guy dribbling full speed at me.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah they do. They wear their little shin guards. :tearsofjoy:

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I only played for one year but tackle football was fun. I was an outside Linebacker and there was definitely a rush in making a big hit that I never got from any other sport I played.

9. I can beat you at football.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh yeah, well, defend this.

Red 62 Omaha Omaha.

I'll wait.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Audible.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nup too late, 40 second play clock I just threw deep ball on the post route. 7-0 team Irm.

And the crowd goes wild.
    Cchhhhhhrrrr
    Ccchhrrrrrer

13. *scores a touchdown*
    *intercepts and scores a touchdown*

28-7 team Andro

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You audibled because you knew I was gonna destroy the Running back on that screen pass.

I can't help it if my Cornerbacks and Safety can't guard the Wide outs.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always keep my running backs in for pass protection. :p

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

kids i hung with played with matchbox cars and minitanks. lol never did give a rat about sports, and felt the time force to spend on it in school a robbery of the time i could have been learning something useful to me that i would have enjoyed. i was always frustrated that we didn't have computers yet. we did have shop, drafting and music classes.
    i did march in the band, and occasionally one or more friends would go with me on long walks in the woods, though that was more often by myself.
    i lived in the woods, our house was surrounded by it, even so i spent a lot of time inside at my desk dreaming about trains while doing homework.
    my dad thought i should be more interested in sports, but that didn't make it happen. he know better then to waste money on any sporting equipment the school didn't force him to.

17. Sports were everything to me as a kid. It was really the only thing I had to share with my dad. I guess I got kind of sick of it. When I quit playing baseball he said, "Well, you're not my son." He said it meaner, though. "You're not my son anymore," he sneered. Sports dads are comical.

I had a ton of baseball and basketball cards. I wore a Shaquille O'Neal t-shirt. The works. I was so lame.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well if i grew up in a city and that were the only thing outside, i might understand it.
    but even in a city there's urbex, public transportatain, and other things in parks besides sports stuff.

basically i'm not against extroversion, i just believe in equal validity and equal time for introversion.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I did athletics, archery, fencing, target shooting, rowing, volleyball and netball.
    I finished year 12 and went to university and finished a degree in sports medicine. So sports have always meant a lot for me, especially contact sports which is what my degree revolved around, injury prevention and management. Spent few season on the sidelines of club Rugby Union as medical staff as my physycial education with the big boys. Came home reeking of deep heat 5 nights a week.

20. Did you have orgies with the rugby team?