kidney damage

Discussion in 'Health' started by lostminty, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lostminty

lostminty Member

I have pretty serious kidney damage, and a pretty poor liver. Any suggestions to boost their well being?

2. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Lots of fruits and vegatables. There are new studies that show coffee is good for the liver too.

3. moondaddy

moondaddy Member

Stay away from junk food and go easy on the salt.

4. Low sodium diet and plenty of water is good for the kidneys. Coffee is good for your liver, as the other guy said. Also, milk thistle helps protect your liver cells from damage. Watch your fat intake too, since this makes your liver produce more bile. You're only 25...do you mind if I ask what caused their damage?

5. penny4short

penny4short Member

I had right kidney failure when I was 21... unfortunatly it'll effect my way of life for the rest of it... but there are things like this liver/ kidney cleanse that help

Herbally, take the following combination.

4 capsules milk thistle
    3 capsules dandelion root
    2 capsules ginger
    2 capsules sarsaparilla
    2 capsules parsley
    2 capsules nettle
    1 capsule yellow dock
    1 capsule kelp

Use these twice per day, morning and evening. In the middle of the day, drink a liver support tea, such as this combination:

2 parts dandelion
    1 part ginger
    1 part peppermint
    1 part rosemary
    1 part rose hips

Mix together the dry herbs and store in a glass container away from light and heat. Make the tea by using one to two teaspoons of the dry herb, steeped for 10 minutes in very hot (not boiling) water. Strain, sweeten with honey to taste, and drink.

Continue this for one week. For the second week of the cleanse, continue to drink the tea in the middle of the day. Change the herbs to the following:

3 capsules dandelion root
    3 capsules milk thistle
    2 capsules ginger
    2 capsules spirulina
    1 capsule kelp

Take this twice per day. At the end of the two week cleanse cycle, return to your regular treatment program. You can continue to drink the liver tonic tea once per day or so, if you so desire. Remain on a healthy daily diet, and you should enjoy better health.

Bear in mind that the above is a GENERAL suggestion only, for maximum effectiveness you should have a regimen that is matched to your specific individual body and its needs. Seek the guidance of a trained certified professional if you do not have the training yourself to do this.

After the first cleanse, you may wish to schedule a few days per month to partake in a short liver cleanse, consisting of the herbs recommended for the second week above. This would be especially important if you are undergoing a long-term therapy, or are suffering from liver damage. In the case of the latter, I would recommend drinking a liver tonic tea at least once per day.

6. penny4short

penny4short Member

There is no substitute for eating properly and obtaining as much of your daily nutritional needs from whole foods, rather than from synthetic vitamins. You should be eating a diet high in fiber, low in saturated fat, and low in refined sugars. Eat foods every day that are high in vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and selenium. These nutrients protect the liver and other organs from free radical damage. You should avoid processed foods (such as lunchmeats, junk foods, etc.), soft drinks, fried foods, salty foods, and white sugar (and especially sugar substitutes!). Try using honey or stevia as a nutritious replacement to
    sugars. Limit your caffeine intake, or stop using it altogether (caffeine can cause breast tenderness and pain). Limit red meats, and add fish to your diet at least twice per week. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly dark leafy greens, whole grains, and legumes.

Take Care!

7. lostminty

lostminty Member

poly substance abuse and possibly overly high stress levels. Also I am on psychiatric medication. Fortunately I have not had kidney failure, but the creatinine pass rate is appauling. I was taking nettle as a diuretic

Wow thats quite a combination of herbals, I think I already have a few of those around the house. Was given a spiritual diagnostic doctors phone number recently he may help shed more light on my situation and suggest an exact reigme

8. yeppers.. milk thistle and lots of water...also I think grape seeds

your liver is a filter... so wash that sucker out often

9. oh yeah... no booze

the green is okay:sifone:

10. lostminty

lostminty Member

i thought kidneys were the filter and liver was the neutralizer. either way neither are working well, I wish I could have green still but I go scizophrenic on it