KERRY: "NO DRAFT" - here is what Kerry has said...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CyberFly, May 29, 2004.

1. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

http://www.johnkerry.com/

Sat May-29-04 04:35 PM
    This summer Bush is reducing DRAFT ACTIVATION time by having the SSS conduct NATIONWIDE EXERCISES to test the whole system, even to the point of filling all DRAFT BOARD vacancies and gearing up the Alternative Service for COs for the first time in three decades. With the current reactivation plan due to go into effect in a few weeks, the SSS must report to the Director on March 31, 2005 they are tuned up and ready to conscript within 75 days of reauthorization from Congress (just a trigger resolution is needed, no new law). The first lottery for 20 year-olds could be June 15, 2005.

http://www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html

That's what Bush is doing. Quietly oiling up the DRAFT Machinery for Spring 2005.

Kerry's NO-DRAFT plan to raise 40,000 additional troops and avoid reinstatement of the draft is added up this way (my synthesis):

1. Move some paper-pushers to combat (lots of potential there in nearly a million non-active-duty)

2. Increase enlistment with real scholarships and pay raises

3. Let troops know Special Ops will hunt al-Queda, no more invasions needed, so Guard/Reserve re-up rate goes up. "Primarily a law enforcement effort, not a full military effort", say JK on MTP.

4. Start a "Civilian Stability Corps" that would help in reconstructing Afghanistan and Iraq and relieve military pressure.

5. GET FOREIGN TROOPS TO COME INTO INSTEAD OF LEAVE IRAQ!!

http://www.candidatemap.com

"...I propose that we enlist thousands of them in a Civilian Stability Corps, a reserve organization of volunteers ready to help win the peace in troubled places. Like military reservists, they will have peacetime jobs; but in times of national need, they will be called into service to restore roads, renovate schools, open hospitals, repair power systems, draft a constitution, or build a police force. A Civilian Stability Corps can bring the best of America to the worst of the world and reduce pressure on the military."

Source: Kerry, John. "Protecting Our Military Families in Times of War: A Military Family Bill of Rights." March 17, 2004.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/speeches/spc_2004_0317.html

With this NO-DRAFT PLAN, Kerry will not have to resort to conscription, even after Bush screwed the whole thing up.

From STOPTHEDRAFT.COM

http://technologyreports.net/stopthedraft/?articleID=2550

[​IMG]

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You believe him?

I have to laugh at some of you people who think you're so radical and anti-Bush, yet you think Kerry is so much different.

Under Kerry's plan, which is to foolishly remain in Iraq (probably indefinitely), it might become necessary that we will need a reinstatement of the draft if things get any worse.

So if Kerry says there won't be a draft, what will happen if many more soldiers die, or a crisis arises somewhere else in the world? What will we do then? We are already short on troops as it is. What I read above doesn't really say much, and I doubt more international support will help matters. Kerry doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about, and I find it ironic how easily so many so-called left-wingers sheepishly fall for this rhetoric. Of course he is going to say he won't reinstate the draft... THAT'S BECAUSE HE WANTS TO GET ELECTED! How the fuck does Kerry know what the future will bring? As long as we remain in Iraq we are all in serious danger, and there will always be that chance - if things really get bad, which they are bound to - that the draft will need to be reinstated, whether Kerry wants to do it or not.

This is why we need to LEAVE IRAQ, and soon! Too many innocent people are dying: both Iraqis and our own troops, and the coalition troops.

When you vote the lesser of the two evils, you're still voting for evil. If you were a REAL activist, you would be protesting by voting for neither Kerry or Bush, but one of the many third-party candidates who won't destroy the world.

3. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

I trust John Kerry to do the right thing over Bush. Face it, only a moderate Democrat can beat Bush.

[​IMG]

4. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

I remember reading somewhere a few weeks ago that Kerry was pro-draft...i honestly don't trust the man. I dont think he's kept the same opinion on ANYTHING. As much as I hate Bush, that is one thing he has over Kerry..when Bush makes a decision or has an opinion on something, it doesn't change.

5. SamIam

SamIam Member

yeah but bush's decision is usually a stupid one...

6. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I heard Kerry's stance on the issue back while he was fighting Cain and the others for the nomination. I don't think he has flip-flopped on this paticular issue. I could be wrong though.

7. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

8. Lonewolf251

Lonewolf251 Member

I'm voting for Nadar, or some other candidate, anyone but "the same old crap"

9. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

I don't get to vote this year because I turn 18 in December. I wouldn't vote at all though because I hate Politics. Bush doesn't have any common sense, and Kerry well he's opposite on everything Bush is doing and saying.