Ken Kesey like road trip!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by stephwinny, Dec 30, 2011.

1. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

This trip is for Summer 2013. Getting a job this summer (2012) is actually a good idea, since then you could save some money for next year.

I might be getting a job this summer, too, but I'm not sure how things are going to work out yet.

2. JenLenyn

JenLenyn Member

Oh i guess i did not read carefully enough. Perhaps I will. The money could help...all depends if they will give me time off to go to the Rainbow Gathering

3. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

If they knew what a Rainbow Gathering was, they'd understand...

Just an update, the bus I have lined up is an old short bus, kinda looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Except its white. They only want $800 for it, and also I have to include fixing the breaks, repainting the exterior, and redoing the interior. Any mechanics want to come along for the journey? haha. If anyone is around the Saskatchewan area, and wants to help, shoot me a PM.

If I get this rolling faster and act swiftly enough, Ill take it on a test journey to B.C this summer.

Hope everyone is well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0Dm-OaTNk"]"Going up the Country" - Canned Heat / WOODSTOCK '69 - YouTube

4. JenLenyn

JenLenyn Member

Looks cool. Old but in a good way. How many people are allowed on?

5. ChinaCatSunflower67

I wont know exactly how many people I can take till the inside is all redone, but even though its smaller than the norm it has quite a bit of room. Speaking about rainbow gatherings, if there is a gathering on the Gulf Islands this August, that could be the destination.

6. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Don't die on me, brothers and sisters! Let's keep this thread going. At the very least 2 posts per month.

7. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

When I was 'On The Bus' in 66', it was mostly LSD-25. It wasn't called The Acid Test for nothing..lol

sh

8. Peace4All

Peace4All Member

Take me with you! It sounds wonderful!!!

9. kaitlinmichelle

kaitlinmichelle Member

Can't wait till I (hopefully) participate in this next summer.
    SH, that's really cool that you were a part of that. :)
    And thank you to those on this thread who are dedicated to making this a reality next year.

10. procolharum

procolharum Member

I'm still in.

11. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Any updates? Wow, 2 months since the last post, and it truly feels like a long time.

12. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

BUMP

At this point, I've got to ask: Is this still happening? Or is it just a wishful pipe dream?

13. Red Fox VI

Red Fox VI Member

I wanna come along toooooo!

14. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Everyone in this thread should watch the film "Magic Trip". It's a reconstruction of the movie Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters were making, but left on the shelf. It came out in 2011. It's the footage of when they were traveling across the country.

It's amazing. They've also got a really trippy depiction of Ken Kesey's first LSD trip, using the actual original audio, because the facility where he took it required them to use a tape recorder. (This was when the CIA was paying students to take it.)

If everyone watched this, then we'd all get fired up about it again. Seriously, wasn't expecting this thread to end up so dead. Well, maybe I was, but I also thought this might be different for once....

15. ChinaCatSunflower67

Dont worry man, im still on board. How does the International Rainbow Gathering in Mexico sound? Im sure you have caught word of it, but for anyone who hasnt, its a December month-long gathering in Palenque, Mexico.

I never did get that bus I had lined up because it was junk. But im still planning on making it to this gathering, bus or no bus. If you people want to actually get something on the go, lets go to Mexico!

16. ChinaCatSunflower67

Nobody's up for Mexico? Why wait till next summer... lets just head for warmer climate! get your passports, throw a bed in your van, and lets make a caravan to the gathering! You have till middle Novemeber to prepare, so better get on it!

17. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

I'm pretty broke at the moment, so I don't really have anything to contribute other than tunes. Not sure I could pull anything together by mid-November, unless I win the lottery. I'll mention it to my best friend, though.

18. ChinaCatSunflower67

C'mon, lots of time to get a job and save a grand.

Il split cost with anybody thats wants to travel with me.

19. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

I still need to learn how to drive to be able to freely get a job. But good to know.

Who knows what might happen? Anything is possible.

20. dreadedsatyr

dreadedsatyr Guest

Satyr out here in Va whose seriously interested in partaking of an excellent adventure.

I would actually exhaust the last bit of my energy upon such an adventure!