Keeping the 10 Commandments.

Discussion in 'Cults' started by Bilby, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Do cults always keep to the 10 Commandments? I have seen TV programs showing the Jehovah Witnesses members ex-communicating their parents. This is in breach of no5 of the 10 commandments. You should honor your parents even if they are evil.
    Jehovah Witnesses are not the only cult to do this. There is Redeamer Baptist church and the Exclusive Breatheren as well.

2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Good question
    we all do have a Mother and a Father

Love is unconditional
    Love is communication that leads to understanding

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

one commandment would be sufficient, were it to be kept,
    and that is to consider all things, exempting none.
    (and yes that requires logic and honesty, but it doesn't really take rocket science)

you won't find it in christianity though, nor in most other brand name flavors of belief.
    why is that i do not know, but i question the morality of christianity, of what it became after 428 ad,
    when it threw christ under the bus by canonizing saul of tarsus as the so called saint paul.

obviously there's more to the story then that.

too much of theology is assumption.
    love has a lot going for it,
    but it cannot and does not
    prevent blind thoughtlessness from turning a heaven into a hell.

"cult" is still a pejorative, which if applied impartially, includes christianity, and certainly the narrowest and most exclusionary forms of it.

and while most humans have a mother and father, "most humans" is still a tiny fraction of "we".

(i was somewhat surprised to find this thread under "cults" rather then "christianity".
    while most if not all beliefs, do have some and very similar sets of core values,
    "ten commandments" refers specifically to the official writ of that belief)

"christianity" is not the umbrella of belief, but merely one among the many beliefs under it. no more no less.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022