Just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by TodayWasYesterday, May 14, 2007.

1. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Hi everybody, I'm 18 years old (I accidentally typed the wrong birthdate when I was signing up for this forum, sorry!) and I've thought outside the box my whole life, but I've only just begun to become truly aware of the way I look at life, American society and the people living in it. For as long as I can remember, I have looked at America's capitalistic and materialistic way of life and thought "Geez! There's something really, really foolish about all of this...there's got to be a better way!" I know that many people in this country think along the same lines as I do, but I haven't been able to break into that pocket of society and I desperately want to. I feel like I need to be with people that think like me! I have a feeling that this time will come soon for me, as it will for many others, but when? If what I'm talking about is a counter-culture, when and how do I become part of it? How does one break on through? I've really been vibing off of what I've read in this forum so far, and I can't wait to delve deeper into this community. Thank you kindly for reading...
    TodayWasYesterday

2. ldyluck040912

ldyluck040912 Member

Hi,everybody,I'm 31 years old and I've just begun to become truly aware of the way i feel at life.chinese is an acient count with long history and the nature scene are beautiful. maybe my english is not very good level,bet I can try my best to communicate with you .thank you kindly for reading ......
    ldyluck040912

3. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Hey man, I feel you even though your english isn't so good. I'm pretty sure everyone here will accept you so don't even worry about the language barrier. It's just good that you're trying! Right on, man.

4. OceanBlue62

OceanBlue62 Member

welcome to both of you to the forums! l'm a 27 y.o. girl from Croatia, living in a country side, and enjoying life to the fullest! hope you feel the same way.
    peace

5. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Hey, welcome to the boards. I'm Brie. Enjoy yourself here. =)

6. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

hello and welcome

7. Amoeba-Sapien

Amoeba-Sapien Member

San Fransisco ... ah, yes ... good memories of Summer spent there ... well, not to sound redundant (as everyone else has already handled this part) but, welcome!

I'm a poor college student who just finished up my first year at the university and stem from a long history of "alternative thinking." To say the least, I tend to observe life and what events that take place from an objective level and similarly "think outside the box" -- I'm a huge advocate for the idea that everything is not always what it seems ... perhaps more often than not.

Anyway, enjoy your time on here.

My regards.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) hey TodayWasYesterday :) welcome to the forums :) have fun posting! :)

9. Trix_Bunny

Trix_Bunny Member

10. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

11. Niketa

Niketa Member

my name's nikki. im fourteen, im told im mature for my age! im from tennessee, but also oklahoma. i think im the first from my family to 'venture' outside the 'normal' haha.
    :D

12. westham

westham Member

welcome on board.

13. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! I'm Lauren :)