Just found out President Trump is a scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol post whatever you want, I dont mind. I dont take any sort of political talk personally anyways

As much as it pains me to admit this lol, I do agree with PR on this one in that I dont really think the last however many presidents have been that great either, the US isnt remotely where it should be and that isnt because of Trump, Trump's just a symptom of it. I dont agree with his politics but i've never really agreed with a president's politics.

But politics aside, on a personal level dude just gives me the creeps to be perfectly honest. And i've always trusted my gut instinct on people. He's a bad hombre

YouFreeMe, Eric! and Irminsul like this.
  2. I understand some of this thread a bit. But I have to wonder. I've been online for a long time and usually when someone went offline from a group/bbs/forum, it was because they were, a) in jail, b) in rehab, c) working a Kibbutz or d) spirited away by Chinese people (a line from a 60s album).

So I have protracted respect for folks who are pulling out from what could have been a hole any one of us has been in before.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Go the ad hominem route when you don't have any real response/counter-argument to what was stated. Typical.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It was funny though

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So your own words are now somehow off limits?

6. Pressed_Rat

Who said or implied that? What do you even mean?

7. unfocusedanakin

You are saying the comment has nothing to do with you and is a personal attack

no, the comment is on your comments. You are a conspiracy nut and it discredits your views on politics.

I say this as a conspiracy fan, you swallow every Jones talking point hook line and sinker right down to saying left this left that.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the biggest difference is that the other guys were more charismatic. take them at face value, and they seemed alright. you had to actually look into what they were saying and doing to find issue with them. on the other hand, trump just seems like a giant douche, even without putting any thought into it.

Asmodean likes this.
  9. lode

lode Banned

I suppose It was still Ad Hominem. The fact that he believes other crazy things doesn't diminish the validity of what he says about Trump, or the or the other presidents.

Which was that they were scum. I do find that an un-nuanced visceral oversimplification, but I wouldn't give awards to the past three presidents either.

Asmodean likes this.
  10. Pressed_Rat

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Alex Jones exposed himself as a fraud years ago. What he has to say is irrelevant to me. Alex is nothing more than a shill for the system he once railed against. Now he is nothing more than a Trump knob sucker.

I rarely even espouse my views in here these days because a large number of people only want to hear CNN talking points and will attack anything that is remotely out of the box. Really open-minded, liberal, tolerant hippies.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

We've never had a President before who is so blatantly divisive-- villifying Hispanics, Muslims and his political opponents; tweeting daily insults; etc. We've never had a President before who is so corrupt--continuing to hold businesses while in office in violation of the emoluments clause and practicing open nepotism. We've never had a President before who is so hypocritical--criticizing Obama's golf playing while playing more golf himself, criticizing Obama's use of executive orders while using executive orders and a bogus state of emergency to override the legislative authority of Congress. We've never had a President so uninformed, having little time and patience with briefings and preferring the advice of Putin or his gut to that of experienced intelligence officers. We've never had a President who is so authoritarian-- -declaring journalists "enemies of the people", a line previously associated with Stalinism, expressing fondness for tyrants such as Putin, Kim jong-un, Duterte, Erdogan, the Saudi Crown Prince, etc., and using a trumped up emergency on the border to trump the constitutional authority of Congress. We've never had a President before who's been so contemptuous of our NATO allies and so adoring of our foreign adversaries. And we've never had a President so over-the-top narcissistic as Trump, hyping his every move as the greatest, most wonderful thing any president has done before. If you "laugh at those who think Obama, Bush, Clinton and Daddy Bush were any better" your judgment is questionable. This country will do well to survive another two years of this pussy-grabbing reality show con man; Lord help us if he wins another term thanks to folks like you, who carry cynicism to the point of paralysis.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. Pressed_Rat

Charismatic = full of shit

Not that Trump is not full of shit too, but at least you see what you get and get what you see.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

He's smug, arrogant and cocky. Traits I don't like in people. But he's also made me laugh with his personality, like he doesn't care what he says and I think that's a genuine trait in a way, because if you can't be yourself, then who are you? If that makes sense? Do you want a guy who is genuine, or a guy that's only saying things to be popular and Trump certainly isn't doing himself favours with his speeches, and I kinda like that.. but I get why people don't like him.

I'll tell you what I've seen though. I've seen hate. Now people say he breeds that hate but I see it a different way. I've seen families on Facebook hate each other, I've seen friends not friends anymore all based on politics and who voted for who.. That's hate to me and it's blinded by a justification of righteousness. Maybe I don't use that word correctly?

I've tried like 90mins to word this correctly, I'm over it now. :p

At the end of the day, I've seen more hate fueled speeches from anti Trump supporters than I do from Trump supporters. Trump supporters are like well I believe what I believe I wish you'd just leave me alone, whereas the anti Trump campaign is all about fueling and directing their hate on the others. That's what I see, not going to beat around the bush about it. Don't care if someone doesn't agree.

14. unfocusedanakin

Whatever helps you sleep at night

your post is dripping with my point. I've noticed so much of people like you's identity is not go with the group you are clearly in. I don't mean that as an insult.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump supporters put him in office and keep him there. He makes you laugh? This is reality, not a reality show or late night comedy. This man is in the Oval Office and commands a nuclear arsenal. We're pushing our luck to have gotten through two years. Hitler was 'genuine", too, and certainly had the courage of his convictions. They're both genuinely bad leaders. Trump is a con man, and if you think what he tells you is "genuine" you're fair game for a full scholarship to Trump University--for a nominal fee, of course.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Late night comedy gets a laugh though and no point denying he's the centre of attention for late night comedy. I'm also well aware just because a governing leader wants something that they're going to get it, because that's not how it really works, if it did that wall would be in construction right now instead of still being talked about. And I'm not an American, so the Oval Office means squat to me.. The oval office to me is the governing body of NASCAR. :p

He says this, he says that.. He ain't done shit.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I actually dont think Trump is genuine. And I think he's a moron but I think he does have a sort of brilliant political intelligence in that he knows what to say to appeal to a certain type of person. I dont really think he really believes what he says. Maybe economically, the trade stuff he believes. But he's only using the wall and talk of immigrants as a dog whistle

And as far as hate....i see far more hatred and venom coming from the right side of the country. What did someone say earlier about a parasitic brain eating disease known as liberalism? And thats one of the milder comments. I've seen and heard people say things that have actually made me afraid to be on the left side of the political spectrum in this country. So i strongly disagree that Trumpies just shrug and say so what. They're constantly insulting and making hateful remarks about things they dont even understand and havent researched. And if they just stuck with insulting policy that would be fine, I've done a lot of research and I know when facts are on my side...but when they start making threatening comments about how they have guns and people on the left dont so the left will be screwed when civil war breaks out, or other threatening extremist comments i've seen, it goes way beyond arguing about policy and into the personal.

Plus I dont really think criticizing a leader is hateful, its a sign of a free country to be able to do that. Criticizing his followers is different, but again i see criticism of regular people coming more from his followers

Theleftthelefttheleft they say, as if we are all big one monolith. It would be comical if it wasnt so ignorant

Asmodean, Balbus and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But i feel I should also say, all this usually takes place online lol. No one really has the cojones to say any of the insulting things they say online to anyone's face. So i dont take it that seriously, i'm just saying the hate certainly isnt one sided

19. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Have to agree with bugsbones, would not call any of the last presidents great, not even good. Not sure if GOD could help!

bugsboner likes this.
  20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I won’t deny that right wing hatered is abundant out there. Political violence is wrong regardless where it’s coming from. But in my experience I’ve found the opposite to be true.

On the left side I see this on a regular basis:

We are tolerant and open minded.... just as long as you tolerate what we want.

We are inclusive... only if you agree with us.

We are diverse...if you have the same opinions as us.

We are equal...and some are super special equal

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019