just enough for me

Discussion in 'BOGLAND' started by abc1234, Dec 26, 2006.

1. abc1234

abc1234 Member

I am interested only in growing enough for myself. I do not buy from anyone right now, and haven't for several years. I am also as interested in the scientific part of growing (and the thrill of doing it covertly) as I am testing the finished product. I currently have some lemon seeds sprouting just to see if I can get them to grow indoors.

So I have some specific questions...

Are the seed websites I've seen advertised on other sites legit? And can a person safely order seeds from the UK and have them shipped to the US?
    Is the penalty the same as getting caught with mj or is there a difference for trying to import mj seeds?

Since I only want enough for myself, (I am not a regular smoker of cigarettes or mj) will I be overwhelmed with unusable mj buds if I grow my own?

I've ordered a SoloGrow (which the guy at the hydro store said is perfect for one plant) and a 400W MH/HPS switchable light. If all I want is no more than an ounce of smokable product, how long should I let the plant grow under the MH bulb before switching to the HPS bulb?

Since it normally only took me a few hits to feel the way I liked, potency is not an issue. Being able to sacrifice potency, is there a strain that anyone would recommend that would produce the least amount of odor?

Any ideas that somone is willing to offer would be appreciated. Again, I am willing to sacrifice anything to decrease time to flower and odor.

thanks!

2. soothing

soothing Member

If you are growing from seed you need to grow a few in small pots until you have an identified female.
    This can take from 4 to six weeks, then you can flower right away or veg longer, most veg longer.

go into HPS 12/12 for around 45-75 days strain dependant.

you should get BOGS book it is a seriously good investment.

you will find you have alot of questions if you are not familiar with growing
    and you might as well have a good source of info at hand.
    the investment in the book will save you a lot of time time time and money money money or if you cant get an answer here try some other mj cultivation sites, search on internet.

But if you just stick to Bogs method and make no changes you will be fine.

3. BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Normally a plant with a stalk 1/4 in ch thich when flowered will produce more than an oz but it all depends on how large the root system is. With your set up you at least want a decent sized plant of at least 12 inches in height and perhaps you should top it once while still vegging to get some branching.

Assuming you have a rooted clone is a bad assumption so if you just go to term with a single plant you have about a 50/50 chance. Plants normally about double in size or triple in size in flowering dependiing on how fast the flowering time and how sativaish they tend to be. BOG