Just Curious

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by FreelyDancingWithMyGuitar, Feb 11, 2012.

1. FreelyDancingWithMyGuitar

FreelyDancingWithMyGuitar Guest

Hi! Well, all my life I always felt as if I was born in the wrong era... and i always dreamed of being able to be born earlier to experience the greatest era ever which is you guys. Breaks my heart to not be able to, but then again I do not just sit here all sad, I usually try to make my life as close to that time as possible because it is simply beautiful and interesting. It is a drag though since the people I am around daily are so modern and into rap and violence, especially in my school. So I just want to know from one of the oldies (since i really look up to you guys), what was your favorite memory/experience/event from that era?

2. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

My favourite (positive) experience was the music. It changed everything. It became a force that altered the course of society and the political landscape.

But there are many dark memories as well. Too many.

3. bafab

bafab Member

Everywhere is somewhere and every time is now. There were lots of great things back then, and they still exist. You can still hear the music, you can still embrace whatever values you want. There's more available information today than there ever was.
    The best thing then was the music first, and the feeling of connection with people my age, the people who 'got it', whatever it was for me. Not everyone did, no different from now.
    The good news is that now, thanks to modern communications and forums like this, anyone can connect with like minded people.
    The best part, the best overall memory was that slow immersion in the conterculture, the ongoing process of learning about the world and my place in it, the new friendships and kinships that formed. It's a process I'm still going through and will until I move on to the next plane of existence.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

5. takeiteasy

takeiteasy Guest

Favourite experience? Being young and getting laid. You can do those things to.