Just bought land in eastern TX near Livingston

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Gyva02, May 26, 2006.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

im not lucky imblessed.. ;)

as i hope youll be as well..

but id never buy a peice of property sight unseen...

no offence intended.

2. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

its cool, I didnt change my post in time, I didnt intend that to sound mean. but I hear ya. I have not seen it with my own eyes yet but I did call the company before I bought it and they all said the pics were exactly of the place being bought... guess you gotta trust some folks sometimes... if I could find someone in the area I'd love to hear from them first hand of the area...

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

buying land unseen doesnt have to be a bad or risky thing... it all depends on what your expectations are, and how much investigation you've done .....

Ive helped my family in 2 different home purchases .. both were through internet ... both times unseen ... just knowing what we did from the listing, and by asking the realtor to go out and take some more digital pics to send to us ... and asking TONS of questions over the phone/email.... and searching the area out... via internet ...

The first place was a farmhouse on 6 acres in Ohio...
    The second was a doublewide on a 1/2 acre lot in Seabrook SC... with a view of a river across the street ...

We sold the first place after 2 years (we decided we didnt want to live in that state AT all) and made a $10,000 profit ..... then my parents decided they didnt want to live in SC for various reasons... and sold the second place with a $21,000 profit (I thought they should have held on to it.. because the property value there -especially anything even remotely near water views- was just skyrocketing and they could have easily held out and made alot more.. the doublewide was about worthless but the land was perfect for someone to build on)... but now they are situated in NC and happy with it .... so it all worked out good and they didnt lose anything, just gained...

Your just buying land, so its nowhere near the risk. Thats one good thing!

I can tell ya this much, be prepared for some level of disappointment. We tend to build up in our minds what we think it will be... but .. things wont be the way you picture them .... youll arive and ... its gonna be like a shock, overwhelming at first ....
    But in time you'll see it as it is, and work with it... youll probably find both things you dont like and do like, you'll often question the purchase... but in the long run ... its good... and itll work out fine! :)

The best thing about buying into land is if you dont like it ... you can always sell it later! I think its a smart thing... it beats the hell out of renting a lot ... I rented a lot last year and was in a rent-to-own older mobile home...... the money I sank into it all in the end (before I lost my job and let the trailer go back to the owner) .... I could have bought one of those ebay auction parcels, too! But oh well ... a lesson learned for me..

Best of luck to you, and hope that hearing us point out some negative things hasnt been discouraging for you .... you should be excited, having your own land is way cool :)