just a few questions

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by TooMuchTheMagicBus, Jun 28, 2006.

1. TooMuchTheMagicBus

TooMuchTheMagicBus Member

i want some dreads but i don't want my whole head done. if i just want a couple throughout, will it be difficult to keep the rest of my hair from locking into the dread? and will i have to use a different shampoo on the dreads? because i've read that a residue free/ scent free shampoo is necessary. also, what would be the best dreading method for what i want?

if you guys could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it :)

2. MikeJH3

MikeJH3 Member

u could backcomb a few, and u dont need any special shampoo...

3. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

if you want to condition the hair that isnt dreaded it might be hard to not fuck up ur dreads.....and I agree with mike you could back comb a few in. Dont reallly need any special shampoo either

4. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

I think the ones you backcomb will get bigger and bigger, because the other hairs will 'get stuck' in the locks.

5. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

Just do your whole head. Trust me, its going to be fun experiance and youll love it. Start today, by stop combing your hair. What are ya afraid of?

6. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

backcombing sounds like the best option.. but like Henry pointed out, washing the regular hair with conditioner will be hard, since you arent supposed to use it in dreads.

most shampoos are ok. i'd stay away from anything that makes your hair soft (aka conditions it, even though its shampoo) or that is perfumed, thats usually a sign it'll leave residue.

good luck!

7. Closetjunkie

Closetjunkie Member

if you decide to go with a few dreads throughout you could always try tying them up on top your head when you shower, and than just wash the rest of your hair? A friend of mine had a few dreads throughout her hair and that's what she did. She kept them for about 6 months before having to take them out for a big city play she was in. Her's never caught the other partsof her hair, and stayed relatively te same size.

8. TooMuchTheMagicBus

TooMuchTheMagicBus Member

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i would definately think that the few dreads would start eating up others hairs... i have one dread in the back that attacks all of the others around it and it is a lot bigger than the others because it eats them