June trip to AmDam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by playtyme, Mar 1, 2011.

1. playtyme

playtyme Member

Hello any 1 helpful, well my friend and I will be in AmDam June 3-19 and we are kinda needing a guide to some good site seeing like museums or what not. Also to some good pubs and clubs or something of the sort. I'm a 27 yr old male and my buddy is 22 yr old male, we've been to AmDam once before, but didn't get much site seeing in, would like to do a lil more this tyme, but I must say, we are stoners lol :afro:

2. Traveler12345

Traveler12345 Guest

I'll be in dam the first week of June. Supposed to go with my buddy but he canceled. I'm planning on doing a lot of stuff solo, could meet up for a sesh. 24 male from sd Cali.

3. playtyme

playtyme Member

Cool bro, so how many tymes have you been to Amdam?

4. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

have fun having to ask locals to buy weed for you, I'm pretty sure they just got rid of cannabis tourism. Meaning only if you live there can you buy weed now

5. Traveler12345

Traveler12345 Guest

ohsodreadful has received bad information. as of now no rules/laws are in effect.

ive been to dam once with my ex girlfriend. we stayed 4 nights at a b&b and just cruised around. this time im staying in a hostel alone so im likely to get a lot more stuff done.

active smoking is the focus, although im likely to spend long days in vondle/amstel park with my aerobie.

you guys just visiting dam? im coming from italy, ive been in europe for 6 months.

6. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

hmm, guess so then. Saw it in the news section of this site though

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

the last that I heard was that they were thinking about doing it, but hadn't done it.

still, probably a good idea to follow the news, see when the law might change, just in case it could be changed while you are there

8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

did you read the sticky?

maybe also pm the sticky posters?

9. playtyme

playtyme Member

Yeah that law or whatever, has not pass yet and who knows if it even will, that's a big lost of money for them, but any ways don't want to get in to all that right now lol. So what hostel you staying at? Me and my buddy been there last yr around the same tyme for 2weeks. This tyme were staying for 2weeks and 3days lol. We did a lot of smoking last tyme and looking to do it again lol, but we do wana go site seeing, museums or what knot too this tyme just to say we been there lol. Were from The U.S, AZ state

10. Traveler12345

Traveler12345 Guest

I'm from San Diego, CA. born and educated in so-cal. the last two years (except for the summer) ive spent overseas for work. just now finishing up my second year. coming from italy by train, flying to cali from amsterdam.

taking up some much needed r&r in dam for a week before headed back to cali to face reality.

This trip will have lots of site seeing, including theaters, museums, cycling trips, and local shops, but I party pretty hard sometimes. no hard core drugs. just smoking, drinking, and reckless disregard for human life.

looking forward to meetin up for a sesh.

-j

11. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I went to Amsterdam last spring and absolutely loved it :), so here are my suggestions.

Take a free tour around the city center. There are guides waiting next to the National Monument at Dam Square at a certain time (I forgot when). The tour takes about 2 hours on foot and doesn't include any museum visits, but you get to learn some local history, get a sense of orientation and see the important sights. Although it is officially free of charge, the guides expect you to be happy with it and give them some money at the end.
    You should be able to get information about this tour and other events at your hostel. If you don't like walking, you can rent a bike almost everywhere.

Apart from the obvious museum choices (Marijuana M., Sex M., Amsterdam Dungeon...) I visited Van Gogh museum and liked it very much.

Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the pubs and coffee shops I've gone to, but there are a lot of them around, so no need to worry ;).

Have fun!

12. playtyme

playtyme Member

Ok San Diego, that's what's up. My buddy and I are lookin to do the same. No hard drugs for us either. Thanks lively girl, will do

13. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

You're welcome. Make sure to write about your trip when you get back so that I can be properly envious ;).

14. playtyme

playtyme Member

Lol will do lively girl, better yet I'll have lots of videos and pics you can check out ; ) I have pics & videos from my last trip in Amsterdam up on my Facebook page.