Jones town

Discussion in 'Cults' started by slimredninja, Jan 15, 2009.

1. slimredninja

slimredninja Member

Here is my ode to Jim Jones a crazy guy who loved to see other people drink Koolaid.

[​IMG]

2. elover

elover ritz with cheese

3. kerouaconacid

kerouaconacid Member

love the photo and the link. thanks for sharing.

4. ghostchildd

ghostchildd Banned

I'm really suprised no writer has used the whole Jim Jones incident as a bases for a horror flick...

Like title it 'The haunted ground' or such...

Possible script...

Maybe like an older surviving member having dreams, and being led back to massacre sight, where they encounter demonic or grossly figured spirit of Jim, or what appears to be Jim...and then is given instructions to revive the movement or something...

I mean I don't know...I just think the Jim Jones thing would really make a creepy movie...if written right...hmm...I wonder...

5. ghostchildd

ghostchildd Banned

Heck, if I knew the first thing about writing a book, I'd go ahead and write a loose plot or story...it would start off like this...

1. Beggining scene...(similuar to Pet Semetary)

Camera pans or snakes across grassy terrain...with back ground chatter of Jim giving speeches, and his audiences chatter...mixed in with sounds of horror and screaming and underworld growling...mixed in with maybe some Jim Morrison song..(not sure on that part)...

(sometimes music can really spoil or make the scene...)(But many already associate Jim Morrison with the occult, like that song 'Take me to the other side)...if mixed in right, it would work...and kinda set at late 60's mid 70's tone)...

Anyways...camera continues to pan and snake low to mist filled ground...(not sure what time of day)...until finally reaching old abandoned relic, stage to conclude with loud demonic roar....at that moment...complete flash back occurs...and You see Jim up doing his thing...(to fill people in on what occured)...at some point...scene ends...

2. Next sequence...

Takes us to a small either urban apt in San Fran or some rural small beat up house in the country...where the audience learns of surviving member...and their life...
    Their dreams, what they've been up to ect ect...

3. next sequence...

Introduction to phycologist or someone close to surviver...as much of the film will be interpited through this person...as a witness...

Anyways...that's kind of a loose outline or template of one example of how film could begin...

6. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I saw documentary of some sort about Jonestown, and it was really sad... the people that died were actually very unusually compassionate and intelligent people. I was surprised to learn that while religion played a role, the cult was really more of a leftist political cult than a religious cult. Even the mass suicide was more an act of political protest, not a religious act.

The audio recording of the last minutes is online here, in case you've not heard it...

http://www.archive.org/details/ptc1978-11-18.flac16

7. pSYnE0

pSYnE0 Member

Don't think so. Jim Jones was pure narcissistic psychopath who just committed extended suicide, as he saw all the temple people as his objects so he couldn't allow his items to leave like that. The whole cult in the end was all about satisfying Jim Jones needs.

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

When this event happned ( 70s I think ) I was watching late night t.v. an old sci-fi movie was on . In the movie a u.f.o. was sending a signal to earth making people do all kind of bad things. It made 1 guy put his hands into a running land mower. On the bottom of the tv ran the words " mass suside in Jonestown Giania thounds dead " I thought to my self what the hell is going on. desert rat