Joint Rolling - a dying art?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SpAcEdDeadhead, Jan 5, 2005.

1. SpAcEdDeadhead

SpAcEdDeadhead Member

Do you guys think that the art of rolling a joint is dying out? I mean not everyone can roll one which is why its an art but in my area there seems to be less and less people who can roll one...many have agreed that its a dying art in my area, which is a bummer. What are your opinions on this?

2. Fallen_stars

Fallen_stars Member

Unfortunately I think you are right. But it's sad because me,myself consider that knowing how to roll a good and beautiful joint is an art and it permit to make difference between real pothead and the wannabees....

but ya know what? I use to roll my joint with a roller... :) (damn technology)

That was my 2cent...

3. recentlysmackedpinat

recentlysmackedpinat Member

yeah.. I too am unskilled in the art of joint rolling. it turns into a colossal mess.
    And so when i'm not bonging it, I'll use my roller.. put the filter in there too.. easy easy lemon squeezy...

4. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

im a joint addict u can ask anyone who knows me. i smoke more joints then any other way to smoke. and i still roll. i cheat sometimes. like if im rolling alot.cuz i hvae a roller but i dont use it inless im sittin down to do a bunch. but i know lots of kids that have never been taught to roll or if they have it takes them a good 20 mins

5. irish151

irish151 Member

i agree that joints are goin out of style, and its being replaced by blunts. I dont smoke blunts often, cuz i can skill an awsome joint on the spot anytime and i take pride in that, so it sadens me 2 see that the joint is fading from our society. I even notice that im smoking more out of bongs, bowls, and steamrollers more than joints these days. It really is sad, a joint is like a classic way to smoke bud. O well, all things that shimmer must eventually fade.

6. recentlysmackedpinat

20 minutes.. that would be me.. a big sloppy loose joint with a full gram lost in the lap..

There's something impressive and sexy about a girl who can pick up a pape,
    rip a filter, and roll up a J in under a minute, all the while sitting in the passenger seat while rolling down the highway (pun not intended).

*swoon*

7. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

lol and that sounds like me

8. weedimus

weedimus Member

Rolling is a dieing form. Everyone I know either uses a bowl, or bongs. I myself like to roll an occasional Spliff now and again.

Do you guys think it’s a territory thing? Im in South Florida and everyone I know preffers a good glass bowl, but my buddies up north are rollers…..

9. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I still roll all mine. I'm the only person I know that can roll and drive at the same time..:D

10. thrawn

thrawn Member

Rolling joints is not dying out at all! If you go to Europe, you will find maybe one head shop. In amsterdam no one uses pipes, and in Jamaica, they looked at me funny when i use my bong. It might be dying out in the states, but everywhere else its the only way to smoke. Plus its jsut so much better.

Heres some pictures of pot we bought over holiday in Negril, Jamaica. An ounce for 10 dollars! I have many more if you guys want to see them. I have a movie of our local Jamaican rasta rolling massive joints so beautifully. its really inspiring to watch lol. Anyone know how i can show this to you guys?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres my friend smoking ont the beach

[​IMG]

my cousin
    [​IMG]

I hope no ones mad at me for posting these on this thread. But look at the size of those joints!!
    theo

11. recentlysmackedpinat

I couldn't help but notice that you use the small altoids tins for storing bud too.
    But I turn mine into rolling kits.

you line the bottom with wood matches,
    take 2 strips for filters And lay the across each end to hold the matches down.
    fill a gram-baggie with 2 screens, 10 papes, 1/2 book matches, filter strips.
    glue the striking surface of the wood matches to the inside of the lid.
    put a baggie of weed in there w/ the baggie of supplies.

all inside an altoids tin. super compact. no one's the wiser. roll anywhere.

I once knew a girl who rolled one on The Great Canadian Minebuster rollercoaster at Canada's Wonderland. no joke.

12. ahh...tea

ahh...tea Member

Yes in the states joints are definetely dying out. All my friends have bowls and bongs etc. but I love rolling joints and it is definetely my favorite way of smoking. Not my friends though. Joints take more patience, practice and a pair of steady hands. Bowls are quick and its very simple to pack for people who can't roll.

13. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I see joints about 40% of the time. Bongs 57.865% of the time and 2.135% of the time its bongs. I don't know how to roll a joint all to well, my mother kind does, but its not like the rest of them that i see. I wish i knew how. I hope someday someone will teach me.

14. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

can someone give us the process with pictures?

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i am a prowd 7 or 8 out of 10 roller, but now that i have a rolling machine, i prefer to use that. ive found lkearnign to use the rolling machine was almost as hard as rolling the joint!

ive noticed more people here in sydney smoking rolled-cigarettes
    though not many friends can roll joints, ive tought most who can

16. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Pictures would be nice, Though, i imght as well get a roller, and learn how to use it. i thnk i wintessed one working, when stoned. I got the jist of it.

17. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

I smoked on joints alot, but its generally because im with friends. My friends can roll pretty well, but the ones i roll arent that good.

I wonder if the ratio of joint smokers to bowl smokers changes during the seasons. Cause for some reason, it seems like i smoke more joints during the summer than during the winter.

18. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

rollers are easy to use ..ive taught one person on here how to use o ne over the phone

19. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

maybe its because your outside more?

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh i had to work mine out from scratch one time i was stoned, the instruction booklet didnt help at all, i just looked at it and looked at it and eventually worked it out