Join the Sleeping on the Floor Club Free Entry

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Jan 14, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

Hello Free(d) People

did anybody of you also start sleeping on the floor lately?

How did it change you ?

I would like to share with you the 1000s of benefits and reasons why to do it.

I started sleeping on the floor 1 week ago and it is amazing. I can only recommend it to everybody.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , I sleep on the floor . It is like camping . Sometimes I camp in a house and if it's a free house .
    I do not like Babylon thinking : would never buy or believe in a bed . Outdoor in a northern winter
    though , some insulation from a dirt floor in the hut is good . In this free farm house (this winter) I
    also have free heat and only heat one room , the kitchen , and there sleep on the floor and the
    doggy , too . I forget why I do this .

3. David0301

David0301 Members

hahahaha i dont like babylon either....

but unfortunately you did not get it,
    i dont sleep on the floor because i cant afford a bed lol,

my fancy bed is still there, but i chose to sleep next to it, on a japanese-futon (google that) .

one day you might understand me , when your matress gets heavier and heavier every year because of all the junk dead bacteria and skin cells getting inside, or when your mattress starts smelling because of all the sweat etc stuck inside, and not allowing any circulation of your body. Or if you like the majority of people get aches and pain in the back. then you will remember me ;-)

i didnt mean sleeping on the carpet floor, i meant sleeping comfortably on a japanese futon (cotton sheets) .

and since it is one of the best things you can do to your body & health i posted it, u dig?

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not lately, no. back in college i didn't have a bed for a little while, so i slept on the floor for a couple weeks then. and not long after that i woke up on the floor with severe hangovers a couple times. but i've been comfortably in bed since then.

i did sleep on a regular mattress on the floor for one year, even earlier in college than what i referenced above. i really noticed no difference between that and a normal bed at the time.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Sometimes, if there isn't a bed available or if I am camping. I'm usually fine for the first few days and then I get progressively more sore and uncomfortable as the nights wear on. But not unbearably so, I guess.

6. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Is that a bamboo futon David?
    I got a bamboo pillow ( in a regular bed)and it works great. No more headaches or neck aches.

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

No , I do not dig yo' Babylon reason , little brother . Nor 999 more of them probably . Your futon
    will become a hard wafer , for so you reason . A smaller comfort upon the floor will do , like a
    blanket . When I car-tramp , and in a pick-up truck bed , well , I have slim mattress twixt me an metal .
    In the woods in summer and on the ground , then much of nothing is required . A stone is my pillow .

You are weak . Will you be strong ?

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We have a queen bed. I don't sleep on a pillow though. I know sleeping on hard surfaces and especially cold concrete is very good for your back in which I have ailing conditions, but I can't get myself to actually do it. I like hugs and blankets and being warm and snuggly.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I do it on occasions

I find especially if really tired or sick sleeping on the floor works wonders

10. David0301

David0301 Members

lol of course you did not notice any difference because --> whether you put that mattress on a bed frame or on the floor or on a tree makes no difference. You still sleep on the mattress. Do a simple test--> slice the mattress open a little bit and see what is inside or better said how it looks inside. Then you will know ;-) Conventional mattresses not only are too soft, but they also dont allow circulation , where is all your sweat and dead skin cells going while slepping? certainly not to the heavens angels. but rather inside your mattress. mattress= bacteria breeding.

the first day i had little pain on my bones but now i adopted, and i love it !! never had such a good rest! spread it. word by mouth,

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  11. David0301

David0301 Members

yes i agree. as said before it worked wonders for me. do you sleep on quilts or on a conventional mattress? did you also have pain the 1st day?

12. David0301

David0301 Members

yes many people are reporting the same : their aches dissapeared.
    No mine is not bamboo. What do you mean you have bamboo pillow? isnt that too hard?
    Its just layers of cotton quilts. I bought like a big 100% cotton blanket with cotton stuffed inside and sleep on it. So its like a homemade japanese futon. Just the same . On top you save about 200 bucks. The pillows I have are just normal cotton outside and inside 100%cotton fillings. All together cost me: 140euro for big blanket(220cmx200cm)+21euro for 3 pillows+35 euros for another 100%cotton blanket to cover my self = 200euros for the whole set. It would have cost 600 euros if the label had said "japanese" . But there is no difference at all

13. David0301

David0301 Members

the pain will go away after a certain time. remember the body adjusts to everything you want him to . All these years we have been sleeping on too soft mattresses. it needs time to re-adjust.

14. David0301

David0301 Members

haha. I dont undertstand what you are saying tikoo. Yes the futon will become hard after time, true. but just a likkle harder. What are you sleeping on at the moment? say no to babylon hahah

15. David0301

David0301 Members

try it. you will like it.

as said. it does not have to be on the floor if you live in europe. because it gets cold in winter. there are many other ways to avoid the conventional mattresses. for example you can use that "tatami" what they use in japan. google it. it weighs about 35 kilos! or remove the bacteria-breeding mattress and put layers of blankets on it instead .i dont know just try. i somehow have the impression that these little people over there in east-asia got everything right. From eating, drinking, sleeping , even shiting (toilet) . the most basic things they still do it right and havent changed. amazing. referrring to : korea,japan, etc

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wouldnt qualify sleeping on a mattress on the floor as sleeping on the floor.

Cant do it all the time as, well the body cant really handle it.

Especially if I have the flu, doona on the floor, pillow, doona on top, you muscles are already sore from the flu, actually the best / deepest sleeps I ever have, when you are sweating out the flu and you need that hard floor to push back

17. David0301

David0301 Members

exactly, i agree,
    sleeping on a mattress on a floor is not qualified as sleeping on the floor, some people here did not get it right,

how did you find out about sleepin on the floor ?
    i mean who told you that when having the flue you heal better? ( i mean its true, but im just curious)

"Cant do it all the time as, well the body cant really handle it."
    most people need between 3-7 days to get used to it. Sores will disappear. Another benefit is that your body does not sink into a soft mattress and therefore your posture and bone structure improves. Also you are kind of forced to turn around , so that increases circulation.

18. David0301

David0301 Members

dont let babylon fool ya, bro. stay natty. roots natty roots

19. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

They are shredded foam inside and a bamboo cloth covering on them.

20. David0301

David0301 Members

lol thats like mainstream shoe manufacturers labelling "100% leather" but the inside is all polyester and only the outside sheet is leather. The inside is more important my friend. If there is shredded foam inside then it is useless in my opinion. try to get a natural material because it allows circulation, its breathable.