Johnny Carson has died.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by crummyrummy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I grew up watching Johnny Carson. He will be sorely missed.

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

seems like alot of famous people have been dying lately

makes you think.....is 79 too young to go? if so, at what age do you finally say its ok to die?

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Oh yeah....I heard that last night but I forgot about it.

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Man. I thought he would live forever!

The perfect celebrity in my book. Did his thing, earned his pay, retired and never stuck his head into the public spotlight again. Pretty unique to find a celebrity who didn't feel that fame in of itself was tranlatable as expertise in politics and life in general.

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I remember when he was on....... his last show was when I was in high school, but I remember when I got to stay up to watch johnny carson. I was too young to get some of his jokes, but even then I thought he was funny. and now since I got older, I appreciated how great he was. dave letterman and jay leno dont even come close to his greatness. not even conan obrien, but conan may come a bit close.

anyways, the dude smoked alot, and died from emphyzema........ so that will teach all you smokers, its not good to smoke.

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Johnny lived HIS way for 79 years. We ALL should hope to be so lucky.

Its funny as just a couple of weeks ago I read a story how Johnny wrote jokes for Letterman all the time - sent him some monologue ideas pretty often that Dave would occasionally use, and now he's gone. I remember as well Ryan watching him in High School, not always getting his jokes, but he truly was far better than any late night personality that has been on since.

In my opinion the best there has been since Johnny has been John Stewart.

8. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

there was this joke, Ive seen clips of, even before johnny died, but it involved jane fonda...... and something she said about her son came up to her telling her that johnny carson had a woman on and she asked johnny if she would pet her pussy, and johnny said that he would if she would remove that damn cat. LOL!! I still cant believe they actually aired that.

9. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

this just made me have a thought . . . cus not many people said anything about it when it happened, or when other household name people died, even like johhny cash. but i remember when jerry died, and no matter what peoples walk of liffe was, no matter if it was good or bad, everyone, that was the only topic of conversation all day, and the next day. you were good johnny, but jerry, we still miss you.

10. dhs

dhs Senior Member

amen

11. crummyrummy

Johnny's last show was on my 19th birthday.

And Jerry, its coming up on ten years now, I am still feel his passing.

12. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Just six months ago I found a 4 dvd disc set spanning his career in the bargain bin of my local PX for 7 dollars. I snatched it up right away knowing the things been out of circulation for about 3 years.

I never really grew up with him, but I watched that and loved his schtick.
    He will be missed.

13. crummyrummy

I used to stay up for him after about the age of 13 or so, and I honestly beleive My being a night owl stems from getting myself used to staying up extra late to watch him.

14. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I remember seeing clips including the one with the woman and her pussy. I also remember him doing some sketch as Carnak the Magnificent, a psychic who could give you answers to your questions before ever reading the questions. I also remember an interview with Jack Hannah or some animal dude who brought in some small monkeys. One of them crawled up onto Johnny's head and proceeded to relieve itself on Johnny's dome.