John Lennon Day

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by knotdirty, Apr 2, 2007.

1. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I don't think John Lennon is the right person to celebrate.

There were people who made more of a contribution to the peace process than John.

3. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

I dig John Lennon and I do see your point. I still signed. Gave fake info cause I do not feel comfortable giving out all my personal stuff.

4. knotdirty

It's more than just a day about John Lennon. It's about peace and love itself.

I agree, there are people worthier of celebration.

Still think he was a fantastic man who deserves remembrance. :)

5. MagicCarpetRide

MagicCarpetRide Member

Anybody contributing in anyway to peace and liberty deserves a day of credit in my opinion.

6. Isil

Isil Member

I agree.

I dont think theres a Gandhi day in the US though...

Thats really...stupid o.o

7. knotdirty

:(

That is stupid.

Dammit, why do the stupid 90 lb crackheads in hollywood get more recognition for flashing their goods than Gandhi, Chomsky...

On the plus side, Bono's been getting recognition. He got "knighted."
    Ooo, the Gates family is pretty awesome. They get mentioned for their good deeds now and again...still, Angelina Jolie gets more press than all of the others combined. There's something wrong about that to me.

Seriously, all I want is a day for peace and activism. At least a day set aside for recognition...kind of bring to attention all of the shit that people ignore. we need more than those stupid Christian Childrens' Fund commercials.

8. Cristall

Cristall Member

I signed it, anyway, I think, there should be a The Beatles Day as well :). And sure there are also many more people who should be celebrated.

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

it would be awesome to have not just one day of peace.. but constant awareness of peace. good idea, but who knows.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Exactly... just a day of peace is CHEAP.

It's like Valentine's day... one day out of the entire year dedicated to love.

Or Christmas, one day out of the entire year dedicated to spending time with family.

IDIOTIC concepts.

Love should be celebrated everyday, family should be celebrated everyday, and peace should be celebrated everyday.

Focusing on one person's peace efforts will just take away from the grand idea of it all and put the other people who contributed to the peace process in the shadows.

Please, do not make the ideal of peace, or even the image of John Lennon into a day on which Hallmark will stock up on peace sign greeting cards.

11. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I live John Lennon Day everyday.

12. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

definitely. =)

13. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

You must be joking?

...I will never give a day of my life up for an alcoholic-junkie-wife-beater; I have better things to do, like read Burroughs and Bukowski...

Stupid idea.

14. Hajni

Hajni Member

Make a day for piece, freedom, happiness and Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Greatful Death and for the others how were the greatest in those years.Not only the bands but for the people.

15. Sitting Wolf

Sitting Wolf Member

Most of us here try to live John Lennon Day always, but one day dedicated to him would help others become aware of his message and his works. I hope that the petition wins through and people can see just how important peace is.

16. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hmmm...Do we get a day off school/work if it actually becomes "John Lennon Day"? I'm guessing it would be on the...8th? of December, right? Sorry, I haven't read all the posts here. I really do like John Lennon, but I don't know if there should be a day named after him.

17. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Didn't know it was JL day but just saw this really cool movie called The US versus John Lennon. A must see for all you Lennon fans.