Jewish were Egyptian slaves?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Cosmic Butterfly, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

So is this true? Did they do all the hard labor to build the pyramids and various temples?
    Im just curious.

2. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

Yes. Actually, ancient jews were even black. We find examples with the Coptic sects of Ethiopia, who are black jews, not to be confused with West Africans. When people think of someone who's black they automatically think of a West African slave, when in fact many races spawn from black heritage. It is suspected when people describe Jesus as being black, he is closest to this Ethiopian form of the African race. Also, many Jamaicans, who were uprooted from West Africa belonged to this lost tribe of Israel. That's why Jewish people have locks, and Rastas have dreadlocks, the same reference of tradition connects the two.

As for your first question, yes they're were black Jews, but not in the same sense as we see Jewish culture today. They were Jewish, but a different form of Judaism, which I described earlier as Coptic Judaism, but was probably different at the time as well compared to what it is today.

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

No, Jewish slaves did not build the pyramids or temples in Egypt. Slave labor was not used for such important tasks. It was a very highly-esteemed position, to be building the pyramids. They have found the communities the workers lived in while building them, and they lived and were buried like royalty.

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Also, there's no historical evidence of an Israelite exodus from Egypt. (talking about the whole moses story here)

5. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

The word "pyramid" also isn't even found in Exodus...or the entire Bible (NIV). Thanks Yul Brenner and crazy gun guy can't remember his name...

and yeah, Sera is right, there is no evidence a mass number of Jews ever resided in Egypt as slaves of any sort...

6. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

So the story of Mosees is false then?

7. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

hmmm... what difference does it really make if it's historically accurate or not? Does that take away from the meaning so many people have found in that story? Lots of people read and enjoy the Bible as metaphorical symbolism, and it's still plenty important in their lives. (I don't know nothin about the Torah, which is not the same as the Old Testament, so I'll leave that discussion to those who do.) Me, I don't think we can talk about the Divine except in metaphor anyway because it is something utterly indescribable and beyond the bounds of human languages to explain.

8. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Yes, I honor that many people find good teachings in the story, but I was just curious with the real facts.
    I just watched the Prince of Egypt the other day, a animated movie on Moses. It showed him turning the nile red, and the bull frogs, locusts, famine, and the mysterious plague that killed people (passover)...It was just interesting.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I'll just throw this out there, you can research it if you wish.

Moses is also known as:
    Manou - the Indian (India) legislator.
    Nemo, the lawgiver brought down the tablets from the mountain of God- Babylon.
    Mises - was pulled from a basket floating in a river in Syria, had laws written on stone tablets, and a miraculous rod with which he parted the water and led his army across the sea.
    Manes - the lawgiver was from Egypt.
    Minos - was a cretan reformer.
    Krishna - was placed in a reed boat by his mother.
    Sargon - likewise for the Akkadian king.

Moses comes from the Egyptian word Mo meaning water and uses, meaning saved from (primordial) water. He was originally the Egyptian hero, Ra-Harakhti, whose story was copied by biblical scholars. The same story was told of Romulus and Remus, founders of Rome.

His flowering rod, river of blood and law tablets were all symbols of an ancient Goddess. Mother Rhea drew water from a rock after giving birth to Zeus, and by Atalanta. Isis dried up water in order to travel.

Bacchus was called Misem after being pulled from the water in a box, he had a rod that changed into a snake, he passed through a dry Red Sea, and wrote his law on two stone tablets.

Bishop Colenso supposedly mathematically proved that 600,000 men could not organize in a single night to exit Egypt, and 3 million people could not draw water from a single well.

No record of the Exodus appears anywhere (except the Bible) and no archeaologist has ever found evidence of the Israelites 40 year journey ihn the Sinai even though an intensive search was conducted from 1967 to 1982.

etc. etc. - this is all from "The Christ Conspiracy" by Acharya S

The Exodus is really an mystical allegory of initiation according to "The Jesus Mysteries" by Freke and Gandy, but I'm too tired to type any more.

But don't believe me or them, do some "alternative" research on the net.

here's one site:
    http://www.askwhy.co.uk/judaism/0400Moses.html#Moses

10. William Donald

William Donald Member

The Bible records that the Hebrews were in bondage to Egypt. They had turned over beneficial title to their lands in Egypt to Pharaoh in exchange for food.
    Genesis 47:20 And Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharaoh; for the Egyptians sold every man his field, because the famine prevailed over them: so the land became Pharaoh's.
    And their 'income tax' was 20%.
    Genesis 47:24 And it shall come to pass in the increase, that ye shall give the fifth [part] unto Pharaoh, and four parts shall be your own, for seed of the field, and for your food, and for them of your households, and for food for your little ones.
    Cosmic Butterfly wrote: "So is this true? Did they do all the hard labor to build the pyramids and various temples?"
    It seems that they were merely 'taxpayers' who paid the expense of those building projects.
    Taxpayers then and now were provided 'straw' by Pharaoh to make his 'bricks' with. Eventually you are required to provide the straw yourself.
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/words.pl?word=08401&page=1
    The root word for 'straw' is linked next:
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/words.pl?word=01129&page=1
    "1) to build, rebuild, establish, cause to continue"
    What would "cause (the race) to continue" was now required to make Pharoah's bricks. The "Exodus" was a taxpayer revolt.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they may also have been egyptians who were enslaved by other egyptians.

there was a political climate that could account for that.

there was a pharoah named aka naton. he attmpted to replace the polytheist priesthood burocracy that was the government of ancient egypt, that made it possible, with a kind of pacifist monotheism.

when he was no longer able to hold the reins of power, the polythiest burocracy returned with a vengence. and those who had been the enthusiastic supporters of akanaton's monotheism came to be looked upon as meat for involuntary servitude.

some may also have been of different ethinic origen then the majority of their fellow egyptians. this is however far from certain and a matter of scholarly debate.

at any rate akanotan's concepts can be found repeated word for word in many of the old testiment prophets.

i couldn't point them out to you for certain to save me. but i've seen this done and know of this being the case.

(much as i had always suspected of being)

=^^=
    .../\...

12. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

from what I understand aren't the Ten Commandments very similar to some form (secular or otherwise) of Egyptian law?