Jersey, UK

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Adventurous, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

Here in Jersey the mushrooms season has just begun,

Last Friday I went to the north cost of Jersey to an area named Devils Hole,
    I went looking for mushrooms, but did not have much of an idea what to look for.

I walked for around 30 minutes before seeing another teenager, I approached him and asked exactly what shouldI be looking for.

He was very helpful and said that I could pick them with him. He showed me the Hype mushrooms and I began to find 100's. I stayed for an hour and has collected around 200.

I said my goodbyes to the new friend I had made, and decided to drive to my friend Nathan's house. Myself and Nathan have done mushrooms before, but not Jersey wildmushrooms, we had done Phillipines, Mexicans, Columbians and Thai mushrooms.

I ate around x20 of the 3inch mushrooms, an hour went by and everything was fine, we were giggling and such as you normally do. Then I decided to meet my friend about 5 minutes walk fromwhere we were.

On the way back from meeting my friend I began to panic attack for around 2 hours, I thought i was going to die,I didnt know what to do. The worst feeling ever. This was my first bad trip and it has put me off mushrooms for a while.

I could hear voices, and an evil warping noise around my head. I also remember hearing my brain working and then everytime I closed my eyes I couldnt stop seeing evil things such as huge purple spiders and vivid looping animations that just wouldnt stop. It wasnt a positive trip like nomal as normally that sort of stuff is fun. This was evil.

Has anyone else had any experiences that they would like to share?

Charlie

oliver denam likes this.
  2. nesta

nesta Banned

i don't know how much mass 20 of these mushrooms would have, but it sounds like in the past you were eating fresh Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms that used to be available in headshops and stuff, right? with names like mexican and thai it sounds like you most likely were getting that kind of stuff....so if you're in the uk and you're picking wild mushrooms, you're probably getting Psilocybe semilanceata, or liberty cap, mushrooms [​IMG]

if this is the case, these mushrooms are significantly more potent by weight than cubensis, and you could easily have taken too much if you didn't know this.

also, if there is a family history of schizophrenia or anything like that, using psychedelics can sometimes bring about an early onset of such problems. generally only for people who already have a high likelihood of developing such problems anyway, though.

3. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

They were Hypes btw

4. nesta

nesta Banned

hypes isn't a species of mushroom. its got to be some sort of slang word. is there anything else you know it as? was it not that type of mushroom in the picture?

if it had kind of a wavy cap and grew near or on wood chips or rotting wood or something of that nature, it may well have been Psilocybe cyanescens

but "hypes" doesnt tell me anything about what kind of mushroom they are.

5. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

cyanescens are what we call hypes.

Yes they have a wavy cap once picked and turn blue/bruised once picked.

6. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

Here is a pic

7. nesta

nesta Banned

mushmush doesnt allow for hyperlinking their images. i know what cyanescens look like though. at any rate, they are also much stronger than cubensis, if that's what you're used to consuming.

8. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

Yeh theyre wild mate.

There are tons of them about too,

Everyones going mad for them lol

9. surfcali

surfcali Member

maybe it seemed evil because they came from a place called the devil's hole?

yeah, thats it.

mark.

10. Adventurous

Adventurous Member

LOL maybe yeh, devils hole is a cool place, maybe il take my digicam down there and show you :)

11. Ulysses_31_

Ulysses_31_ Guest

The shrooms your were taking, We know as hypes are psilocybe arcana or bohemia. They say they only grow around eastern europe but i have been looking for these fuckers on the net for ages came across a website with pics of jersey shrooms.
    Also does anyone know where i can get fly agarics on the rock please.

12. easy108

easy108 Members

Hey Charlie.
    I know the mushroom you are referring to.
    In Jersey the local people call them 'hypes', or 'hyperloma's'.
    I haven't confirmed 100% what their latin name is yet.
    So they are still a little bit of a mystery.
    And no Jersey people I have spoken to know its latin name either.
    It's not like in England or Wales where the common magic mushroom is Psilocybe semilanceata, 'liberty cap', and everyone knows that.
    Jersey, no one knows.
    I am familiar with this mushroom though, and when they are babies they have a golden orange bullet head, a little similar to a liberty cap,(but a bit smaller) also with a 'nipple', and a very white, rather thick stem.
    However, as they grow, they open up, as you say, and become much flatter, and wavy, and the golden orange colour often diminishes and becomes a more beige colour.
    Sometimes the head can become an inch or more in diameter.
    What I do know about these mushrooms is... THEY'RE VERY STRONG!!!! AND TRIPPY!!! THEY HAVE A VERY HIGH PSILOCYBIN CONTENT!!
    TO BE TAKEN WITH CAUTION!!
    and when I say trippy, I don't mean 'hippy trippy', I mean, losing your body and only having a head, TRIPPY!!! etc etc
    Not nice, especially when you're not expecting it.
    The problem is, a lot of people in Jersey (where hypes are the main magic mushroom for this Island), take the mushroom in a far too high dosage, not properly understanding their potency, and then having terribly scary experiences.
    20 hypes that have opened up is an extremely strong Western European Shamanic dose.
    To be taken at a proper time, (and only for those who are 'called') in a proper place, with a proper mindset on your shoulders, with proper intentions, and with an experienced Siberian Shaman, (or preferably a Jersey Shaman, if there is one, who is experienced with hypes) to guide you through your journey.
    Not to have a laugh with your mate on a Friday night!!!
    If you wanna take hypes and have a laugh with your mate, you take ONE hype,( that's how powerful they are), and experiment.
    Experience what you feel on ONE, and if you want, next time increase to two or three, and take it from there. NOT 20!!!
    The mysterious 'hype' is one of the most potent magic mushroom known to man!! And there's about 180 varieties of magic mushrooms.
    They just happen to grow on a small Island in the English Channel.
    If local people to Jersey 'worked' with the hype more sensibly they would get much better results, 'healing' effects from it.
    Magic mushrooms are a medicine, and recent tests are showing that they can have remarkable effects on treating people who are suffering with depression, when used properly.
    So it doesn't matter what any 'crazies' might say.
    We need to side on the air of caution when dealing with plant medicine, show respect and follow our own path.
    20 liberty caps might be like taking an LSD tablet.
    But 20 hypes is like taking 5 LSD tablets, in one go!!
    Not recommended!!
    Enjoy the natural harvest your beautiful and special Island has to offer.
    But do it in an educated way, and educate others on the Island, so future generations on Jersey can enjoy their special treats with respect and knowledge, and help bring about this revolution in consciousness that this planet so desperately needs. :)
    Much love :)

Toker and Michael2020 like this.
  13. George Harrison

George Harrison Members

can anyone send pics of these mushrooms and has anyone seen them around at this time of year.

Jersey121 likes this.
  14. Jersey121

Jersey121 Members

1A23458F-1AA3-4526-AFD1-1761BEFD4AE9.jpeg 4F8EF2D1-C3BF-475B-B53F-706E0986C9A2.png

Attached Files:

Michael2020 and Moses of Crete like this.
  15. Jersey121

Jersey121 Members

Hi George , I have picked for many years Season starts late September til December some times it’s been later October til dec/jan some years . There correct name is Psliocybe cyanceanes (google them they grow in U.K. too but less common to us) . They love growing from decaying plant mulch and wood chippings. They are very common to find on the coastal walks of the island around rosel : Gronez area . You will find them growing beneath dying fern plants . You may see one or two sticking out ... lift yo the fern you’ll find clusters !! Don’t ruin the mecilum (white cobweb stuff) as you’ll be able to go back to that spot next year !!!! You can also find them
    Growing through wood chipped plant beds near spring field and through out the island allways check them ! They will stain isntant blue bruise as you can see above ! Thick white stems , wavy shaped caps . Smaller ones rounded heads or flattening out . Message me privately if you want me to take you picking happy to help ! But if not just wait the rain hits hard and it gets below 10C

Toker and Boma J like this.
  16. Jersey121

Jersey121 Members

17. Jersey121

Jersey121 Members

AA5062CA-71A1-4749-91EB-2EC38DAF9E73.png

Toker likes this.
  18. Jersey121

Jersey121 Members

Also to add , when there’s been no rain in season they can appear pale , the larger caps can fully curve like you can see above . DOSAGE. for safest way , I recommend drying them out on cardboard in a dark place for 3/4 days in a draw. Drinking as tea is less intense . I grind them up and put them in empty pill capslues. Dried 0.7-1grams ..euphoric , light visual enhancement, feelings of joy and peace . Hysteric laughing ! . Philosophy typed thinking. Closed eye visuals colours dancing to the music ect. Music also sounds sooo sick! ...1.5-2grams .. open eye visuals , black outs/teleportation? . Out of body experiences , mania can go abit psychotic . Well has for me . Child hood memories , 3-4grams I’ve had full on out of body experiences , complete ego death , so scary so instense was living hell!

Toker likes this.
  19. Azjsy

Azjsy Members

Wow, old post but just happened to come across your post from yesterday. Are they already out this year? Doesn't look like you are up Devils Hole from the look of the grass. Your advice is spot on as well weight wise. I don't use them anymore but we built ourselves up to taking 3.5g knowing what the effects were, knowing there was going to be a possible uncomfortable come-up and fear of death kicking in but also being aware that it's all part of what can be a very humbling trip. Ego death sucks but when your head is back on its shoulders its a very enlightening experience in the right situation. (I am not using or suggesting people use mushrooms, drying them makes them a class A drug (or did)). If you are going to take any sort of hallucinogenic, start with a small dose, you can always take a bit more next time and you are more likely to have a good experience. Have a sitter who you know and trust, just incase you do panic. And never take psychedelics if you are feeling down, not in the mood or feel uncomfortable with the place or people you are with.

Toker likes this.
  20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No, but I am regularly checking : )

And thanks for reviving this thread because I recognize those "hypes" being discussed above, but did not know they were psychedelic.