Jehovah's Promise Of A Paradise Earth

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't know what tiddly-winks is. I am however aware of Lemmiwinks.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

You have to flip counters into a bowl using another counter to flick.

[​IMG]

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

JW's employ a hierarchy of teaching, and as you progress "up the ladder" more of their actual tenets of faith are explained, this is the primary reason that they will always have a novice/newbie coupled with an "elder" as they do their door to door thing. They are very similar to the Mormon church in those respects and many of their beliefs are very, very, similar, such as we will all eventually be gods and such.
    If you understand what the organization actually believes/teaches at the upper levels AND posses some good knowledge of what the Bible actually teaches, you can send them running or get into a protracted" discussion" if they are adventurous.
    One of the primary divisive points, actually THE divisive point for all the many flavors of Christendom is the divinity of Jesus.
    JW's do not believe in the divinity of Jesus and hold that he was another anointed person, but NOT God incarnate as the Bible states and the majority of Christendom believes.

Sooooo, one day they were out in my neighborhood and knocked on my door I opened it and patiently allowed the newbie to go through her memorized presentation to me.
    Then I said I don't agree with their beliefs and was asked why.
    so I gave the answer that I knew would get some type of reaction and said "I believe Jesus Christ is God incarnate and fully divine", and referred to a couple of verses that state such
    The newbie began to ask further questions and opened her JW bible to begin a discourse with me when her mentor literally reached over, took her book out of her hand and simply said too me " Have a nice day sir" and they walked away,. The newbie had such a look of confusion on her face it was priceless....

They do not like it when they encounter a person who knows what they, the JW's, believe or what the Bible actually states, they are not able to spin their tale in such situations.

That same methodology has worked pretty much every time to shut them up rather quickly whenever they knock on my door. ;)

4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Even if it just moves your own soul to feel peace.....then it has helped.