Jaz's birthday party

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Jaz Delorean, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

is no longer happening as he is leaving Manchester forever this saturday.
    :(
    it was inevitable... sorry guys, it would have been fun.
    my uni and manc friends are planning to have an Alderley Edge gathering this friday if anyone wants to come, to say goodbye n stuff...
    this is so weird, i've never quit anything before... :eek: :confused:

gonna make tankus fly

2. Jaz Delorean

luchi i love you i really do

3. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

:eek: Are you sure about this?

4. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i love you jaz..im so worried about you!!!! and i cant handle what you said today..its changed alot

5. roly

roly Senior Member

good luck...and God Bless
    Roly.xxx

6. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Don't rush into anything that you'll come to regret. Many older people I know are right now working damn hard to get into uni after missing out on the chance when they were younger. If it's not right for you, then it's not right, and that's fine..... but make certain you're really, really sure. And remember - it's much better to regret something you have done rather than something you haven't done.

7. dragonflybutterfly

dragonflybutterfly Member

I feel for you because I've been there - not to detract from your own situation, but I felt exactly the same when I went to Salford University...Hated the place, had someone I loved in another city, felt like I'd make the biggest mistake in my life...
    I agonised over whether or not to quit for a long time, and decided that if I could survive the first year I would see how I felt thinking about having to go back after the Summer...and ended up going back.
    I tried to transfer to somewhere closer to where my heart was, but it was so complicated and people were so unhelpful that I didn't get that done in the end...I managed to get home pretty much every other weekend, and had people who I was happy and comfortable visit me when I wasn't going home...
    If it's the right thing for you to do - knowing that you may not possibly get the chance again - then quit. Otherwise, could you see if you can stick it for the first year and then see how you feel after that?

8. arlia

arlia Members

will be praying jazzy!

9. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

Aghhhhh! Jaz! Take care wont you?
    Will you still come and join me and Rich at the Levellers?

Sending hugs in Jaz's direction

10. Jaz Delorean

dragonbutterfly and Dok, thankyou for the advice. I can't stay as I'd just be using up money, which is finite. There is no way I can complete the course as i haven't done enough work, and what with the "magical tree" exam episode the other day, I don't think my exam results would save me.
    Thank you arlia and roly for your prayers, i appreciate them and need them! aghh!
    Xiola, of course i'm coming to the Levellers!! :D i wouldn't miss it for anything, i've waited about four years to see them, so i'll be there with you and rich - i can't wait!

I would have been going home anyway this weekend as I have a meeting with a record company and I really want to see my granny again because I think she only has a few more days left. :(
    For anyone who doesn't know me, i am NOT a quitter - i've never given up anything in my life before, and I wasn't planning to. I am leaving (and i didn't do any work) because I found the place so depressing and uninspiring, and it wasn't moving me forward creatively in anyway whatsoever. I can now.
    much love, Jaz
    xxxx

11. arlia

arlia Members

where are u from anyways jaz?!?!

12. dragonflybutterfly

dragonflybutterfly Member

The simple end of the matter is that you must do what it is you must do, and if leaving is the best for you don't consider it quitting! Just make the most of whatever you do and things will always turn out right.
    I wouldn't see turning your life around to the right direction as anything other than sensible if you can't see any other way.
    Best of luck!

13. Jaz Delorean

thank you. :)

i'm actually from a different dimension but it would take too long to explain where that is so for the sake of argument i'm from a town called Maidenhead, just outside London Zone 6, near where Stardust lives. :)

jaz

14. arlia

arlia Members

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    raaaaaaaaaaaateeeee!
    never ever been there!!!!!LOL

15. Jaz Delorean

man i'm gonna miss being online 24/7 too...

16. arlia

arlia Members

hahahahha!
    dude!
    does that mean ure gona haveot get a job!!!!LOL

17. Jaz Delorean

yes.... :( no need to laugh!! haha!! i could work if i wanted!
    i just...haven't been able to get one yet!

seriously though i'm gonna have to get a job, i need to pay off my debt.

18. arlia

arlia Members

ohhhhhhhhhh dear!
    work suks!
    mine does,i pass time trolly racing!

19. stardust

stardust Banned

jaz, do whatevers best for you and if you need any support you know where i am.

from a purely selfish point of view though, i'm glad you made this decision coz now you'll only be 15 minutes down the road from me and i can see lots more of you!!!! yeeeeeeaah!

peace and love
    stardust
    xxx

20. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

dude.... i'm in shock now. i might not see you again! i had a good (but short) time with you. i'll miss you a ton, good luck with tankus and... be happy away from manchester: scallie-land. you gotsa meet up with us again sometime. a festival or something in the near future?