Japanese!

Discussion in 'Class Suggestions' started by LeftLeftRightLeft, Sep 3, 2009.

1. LeftLeftRightLeft

LeftLeftRightLeft Member

I've just gotten my hands on Rosetta Stone for Japanese, and although it's not the best program (they leave you in the air with a lot of the vocab and particles) it's given me some sort of a jumpstart to continue scouring the web for more help on this. Although I'm worse then a newbie I've love to see if anyone here can help me and others out with this... I could post some good websites I've found along with how to... aquire Rosetta Stone for yourselves to? ;) Questions? Comments? Opinions?

2. Number48

Number48 Member

Japanese is a fascinating language. Unfortunately I've forgotten most of what I taught myself (which wasn't much). Learning Kanji and vocabulary was what put me off, in the end. I have little patience for memorization, but love grammar (Japanese's in particular). Go figure.

A good book, which I learned a lot from, is called Japanese the Manga Way. It doesn't focus a whole lot on vocabulary, but it's great for learning grammar. It uses examples from simple comic strips (actual published comics) to illustrate the principles.