Japan: Fukushima 50 Expected to Die Within Weeks!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by skip, Mar 31, 2011.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Those brave heroes of Fukushima, the nuclear plant workers who risked their lives to deal with the damage at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan after the 9.0 earthquake and tsunami, are all expecting to die within weeks.

This information has been withheld from the public by the Japanese government who has ordered the workers at the plant not to communicate the true conditions there to anyone, including family members.

Another truth is that isn't being widely reported is that there isn't just 50 workers who have had this exposure, but more like 200+. That's because there were 50 workers on site at any given time, rotating with others. So it's not just the Fukushima 50 as the Japanese government would have you believe. Once the death tally begins, everyone will begin to see the truth... about how horrible this disaster is for human beings and Japan.

Will the Nuke Industry's lies never cease?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/31/japans-nuclear-rescuers-inevitable-die-weeks/

2. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Those guys gave all and will pay the ultimate price. So sad for them and their families.
    And our country wants to build hundreds of new nuke plants all around our country?
    We gotta stop this madness.....

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I think your title is a little misleading and I question you using FoxNews as a source.

4. skip

Fox news broke the story, with quotes from the wife of one of the workers (which I included). There's a MEDIA BLACKOUT ON THIS or didn't you bother to read the story?
    And exactly what is it about the story itself that you don't believe?

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Of course I did; but I'm not sure that you did.

How does:
    "“They have concluded between themselves that it is inevitable some of them may die within weeks or months. They know it is impossible for them not to have been exposed to lethal doses of radiation."
    become
    "50 Expected to Die within weeks"?

The emphasis, the subtext, the source.

6. skip

These are nuke plant workers, they know exactly what their exposure is (dey need those stinkin' badges, don't they?), and they know the consequences. It is the Japanese gov't and the Nuke industry that is hushing up their actual exposure, or do you have the exact amounts to report to us? Don't need to be a rocket scientist to read those exposure levels or to understand what is the lethal dose.

You get a lethal dose, and you're dead, whether it's today or next month (which is also weeks), or linger on dying a bit every fucking day.

BTW, a bomb just went off at a Swiss Nuclear Lobbying group office.... So I'm not the only one thinking there are facts being hushed up here, since the very beginning of this crisis. It's the Nuke Industry you should be doubting. If not, you are very naive.

And if you want to argue semantics, you better first go look up the definition of the word "Expected". Doesn't mean 'will definitely happen' does it now? Whereas, the word "inevitable" does mean "definitely will happen". If anything I made their INEVITABLE deaths look less than inevitable, didn't I. So you lost your argument, and wasted my precious time, like a troll.

Keep acting like a troll, and I'll treat you as one. You've been warned.

7. skip

8. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I see only one prolem with your post Skip. These "workers" are indeed warriors in the finest tradition of the Samurai and their code of Bushidō and the Kamikaze pilots of WWII who gave their all for their country.

9. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

I'm too young to remember the news footage, but weren't there several helicopter crashes in Chernobyl because the pilots dumping cement on the reactor were getting intense radiation sickness after less than a minute flying over it?

Brave, brave people.

10. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Member

Very unfortunate for these poor folks. This thing is going to get worse before it gets better.

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

If that is the case, and I can't say that it IS because it sounds like hearsay right now... the disaster will be obviously and officially WORSE than Chernobyl within the next two months.

12. skip

I would say it definitely will be worse. Why?

#1. Chernobyl was only one reactor, so far there are six at Fukushima Daiiki that have been affected by the earthquake/tsunami, plus how many more at Fukushima Daini? They haven't told us yet, more info they are keeping away from the public.

#2. Japan is much more densely populated than the area around Chernobyl was (it's all empty now!). So many more people have already been affected by this event, and it's not even close to being over yet.

#3. Japan has already lost a big percentage of its power generating capacity due to the shutdown of so many reactors. Tokyo has been hit with rolling blackouts, which today they said would continue thru the summer (and even beyond?).

#4. Loss of precious farmland and industrial capacity. With so little arable land in Japan, the loss of hundreds of miles of prime farmland has to hurt, plus the shutdown of factories and disruption of the supply chain is already being felt around the world. Chernobyl did not have any economic impacts outside of Russia as I recall.

#5. The impact upon the nuclear industry will be even more severe than Chernobyl was. It was easy to blame a poor design and Russian incompetence for Chernobyl, but in this case you are looking at Japanese "precision" and the irresponsibility of the nuke industry is too obvious to ignore anymore.

#6. None of the four reactors badly damaged are even under control yet, and we already see huge impacts. Things could still get worse!

#7. The cumulative impact of Chernobyl until the site was sealed has been measured. The cumulative impact of the Japanese crisis is only starting to be felt in Japan and around the world. If the radiation continues to be released at current rates for months on end, the impact might be far greater than Chernobyl. For instance, those trace amounts of radiation being found today in the US milk supply could increase, not to mention poor Japan, where high levels of radiation are already being measured in fresh water, beef products, milk and vegetables.

13. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

We have a base in Japan so is it the Japonese gvt or ours behind the downplaying the disaaster? They are going to loose a bunch of workers right away but there will be long term losses. Ones that we all know are because of radiation poisining but of course that will be denied. Also there will be birth defects. Nuculer Power is shit...

14. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Chernobyl: fresh and spent nuclear fuel 180 tons
    Fukushima: 1760 tons. near the ocean.

scared shitless.

15. skip

Here's an article about how Chernobyl's radiation has affected mushrooms and wild game in other countries in Europe.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/01/radioactive-boars-mushrooms-chernobyl_n_843498.html

16. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Member

This just keeps getting worse and worse. There is a big difference from Chernobyl in that there the containent dome exploded. That hasn't happened in Japan, and almost certainly won't. However it looks more and more likely that a complete meltdown will happen, which isn't nearly as bad, into the ground is far better than into the air, but obviously it's still plenty bad.

There are some obvious lessons here. Building six reactors together where something could affect them all was stupid. Building next to the ocean in a tsunomi prone area was REALLY stupid.

But the underlying problem is that this design (and there are many similar in the US) melts down if it loses electricity for any length of time.

Worrying about new plant conctuction is sorta missing the point. It isn't new plants that scare me, it's the old ones.

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Of course there are big differences, Chernobyl is a completely different incident. Fukushima has constantly gotten worse than I've expected so I don't know what to expect anymore. We just don't know how much material has escaped, we don't know the exact condition of the cores, containment, and cooling structures. For all we know the entire north pacific could end up contaminated from this.

From what I remember about Chernobyl, only a dozen or so workers initially died. I remember being surprised how low it was. I also remember reading that even meat as far away as Scotland are still contaminated. If a couple dozen workers die in the next few months, that's worse than Chernobyl, if they discover fishing grounds thousands of miles away are contaminated, that's just as bad if not worse than Chernobyl. North pacific ocean currents push water from Japan directly towards the North American coast.

18. willedwill

willedwill Member

Hi!!

We knew exactly what did it, technologically, human error or inadequate design of the monitoring equipment. We were supposed to learn especially from the way we monitored the human control and observation. Now, I hear we have the basic act of God content from the ruptured pipe of " coolant/ moderator" directly as of the earthquake shift and tremor.

Regards, man's fault was: why build a power nuclear station on a fault line?

19. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Something's missing here.
    While not surprized, I'm disappointed.

20. skip

Today they finally found the cause of (one) leak of radiation into the ocean, a cracked reactor.

This is precisely the point I have been trying to make. What we DON'T know can hurt us. And it is the never ending secrecy and coverups of the Nuke Industry that puts everyone in danger. They are far more concerned about their industry's future than about the danger to people today and tomorrow. This is what BIG BUSINESS is all about, profits over people. Nothing has changed.

Remember when this whole incident started, how the Nuke Industry had their spokesmen out in every media outlet running damage control? That is how it's always been. Spin the shit out of a disaster. Make it seem far less than it actually is.

So of course we no longer know what to expect, nor can we ever again trust the Nuke Industry to tell the truth or be responsible for its actions. You know TEPCO is going to go out of business and it will be the Japanese government and people who are left holding the bag and paying for the mess (for decades to come, no doubt).