January 2022

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by ~Zen~, Dec 28, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

What do the alignments of the planets in January have to tell us?

Well one of the more sensible astrologers out there (Robert Hand) has a website called astro.com. Been around since the dawn of the Internet, and is well respected.

Here is his take on the month ahead...as of December 28, 2021.

THE CURRENT QUALITY OF TIME
    [​IMG]
    The trine between the Sun in Capricorn and Uranus in Taurus on January 1 lets the year 2022 begin with a quiet promise: Things are starting to move. It would be naïve to assume that all problems will just resolve themselves. But the torpor we've experienced all too often over the past two years will quietly fade over the next few months. The important impulses in January come from the signs of Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. The events thus take place between the poles of state power, personal freedom and collective responsibility. Pluto in Capricorn has an important role to play in this, and we could get to see some distinct power politics over the next few weeks. However, with Jupiter in Pisces (from December 29, 2021), a new and probably welcome undertone will be heard. In the coming months, we will be reminded more often than not that we are one humanity. The ideologically colored disputes of the last months lose some intensity and also allow more differentiated views again.

The first New Moon of the year on January 2 also speaks a clear language. The Capricorn New Moon trines Uranus in Taurus, and Mercury moves into Aquarius on the same day. Don't wait for better times but pragmatically try to improve your personal situation now. Your personal stability is the basis that enables you to work for others.

[​IMG]
    On January 9, the Sun is in conjunction with retrograde Venus in Capricorn, the Moon in Aries is conjunct Chiron (on the 8th/9th), and Mars is about to exactly square Neptune (on the 11th). Furthermore, stationary retrograde Mercury squares Uranus on the 14th. Now relationships and agreements increasingly need to be clarified. Some tacit agreements can no longer be upheld, and unpleasant dead wood and omissions may come to light. It would be very unwise to ignore or even deny any problems that may arise. Instead, decisive action should be taken in such a case. Unpaid debts could become a big problem later.

On January 16, the Sun is conjunct Pluto, and the Cancer Full Moon opposes Pluto on January 18. Uranus ends its retrograde phase at the same time. Power-conscious and decisive action is now being taken, and many things that have been thought of as planning games in recent months could now enter a phase of concrete implementation. The cards are now stacked against those who hesitate for too long.

[​IMG]
    The last third of the month brings restless and unpredictable days, which have potential, however. On the 20th, the Sun enters Aquarius. On the 23rd, it makes a conjunction with retrograde Mercury. Mars enters Capricorn on the 24th and Mercury on the 26th. Mercury reaches a conjunction with Pluto on the 29th, and Venus turns direct during an exact trine with Uranus. The Sun forms a square to Uranus on the 30th, and the Moon is conjunct Pluto and Mercury in Capricorn a day later. Desire and reality must now be brought into balance, and this will hardly be possible without loss. The cuts that have to be made now seem unavoidable, and some of what is cherished may well have to be sacrificed.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... I'mma have a hard time writing 2022 on checks and stuff. I've been calling next year "2020" for 8 months. I'm doomed.

etherea and ~Zen~ like this.
  3. Man, I generally have no fucking idea what day, month or year it is. I have taken to saying a couple of years ago for anything that happened in my rather long past. Embrace it, it's liberating. And ditch the fucking cheque book. Even I, normally dinosaurish, do online banking:D

~Zen~ and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I do online for most banking but there are a couple of things I use checks for like property taxes where the amount is higher than my bank allows on my debit card. (and there is no way I'm giving the county my banking info for direct debit.)

etherea and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. ~Zen~

I love your attitude!

Writing checks is no fun... nor is online banking... but I don't trust a lot of the vendors and 'payees' out there very much.

6. I am basically still a cash person but do have direct debit for my utilities and council tax. I find online banking invaluable, especially now during the pandemic, to transfer money to my daughters who are very good at choosing and buying gifts online for their children. They even wrap them. I just pay. :D Should mention that we still have a lot of restrictions in Scotland and I am not particularly comfortable shopping when many believe that it is cool to go maskless even though the rules say otherwise. Bastards! What people don't seem to get is that even though hospitalisations are down because of vaccinations and boosters the virus is still circulating!

~Zen~ and Tyrsonswood like this.
  7. ~Zen~

Nice to hear from you up there in Scotland!

I sure wish you a better New Year!

etherea likes this.