I've got a good hair rinse/softener

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Tamee, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

it's just two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with two cups of water. I pour it over my head after I shampoo it. this is good for people who don't shower all the time, as I don't. I don't have any experience with it on hair that's washed every day. I only shower twice a week at the most, and when I do, I just use shampoo and this rinse and then finger comb it when I get out and my hair's just awesome. I use an herbal conditioner about once a month, after the shampoo and before the rinse.

2. smiling_mama

smiling_mama Member

Thats what I do too! Except I don't use shampoo (too much chem) I use baking soda mixed with water to make a paste, and massage it into my scalp. Then I rinse and then do a ACV rinse! My hair is much healthier and easier to take care of now

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

wow maybe I'll try that baking soda mix. I just use Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap. lavender flavor this time. ;)

4. smiling_mama

smiling_mama Member

I really like Dr Bronners, but baking soda is great too, and cheaper! Or maybe add a tiny bit of Dr Bronners to the baking soda mix, to make it more "shampoo-ey"! I like Dr Bronners for baby wash too. Your little baby is probably still fine with just water, as is my little one, but my older child gets DIRTY! We use a little dr bronners for him sometimes.

Dr Bronners is also great for laundry soap, along with baking soda, especially for baby clothes. My older son has excema and regular laundry soap made it worse, so we started using Dr Bronners.