i've discovered the perfect solution for wavy out of control hair :)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by lucyinthesky, Jul 20, 2006.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

I've seen posts about unmanagable curls and waves around here before, and i've even posted them myself. Recently, within the last few of months i have discovered some amazing control over my nest that i thought some of you could take some tips from (i know its long but i swear it works):

i brush it out in the shower while there's still conditioner in it when i do brush it. (I use an anti-frizz shampoo & conditioner as well) I only rinse some of the conditioner out, leaving enough in that i can feel it in my fingers, but not so much that it's barely rinsed. This lets me skip on using costly hair products and keeps it from frizzing. Once i'm done i let it air dry partially then i slap in a quarter sized (because i have a lot of hair) amount of peanut or olive oil on the bottom half of my hair and the parts that tend to get really frizzy. I let it air dry (it causes way less tangles and keeps it MUCH smoother than blow drying it, though, if you have to blow dry, use a defuser [sp] on the highest heat and slowest 'air shot' [i dont know what to call it haha] setting). Also, don't wash it every day. If i find my hair is too oily to not shower, i slap in some baby powder at the roots and it eliminates greasy shine instantly. I also use a clarifying shampoo once a week to avoid build up....it leaves my hair super soft and shiney.

I've recently discovered this process and it has absolutely saved my hair. It looks healthier and shinier and i've been getting more compliments on it than ever. Plus, it totally beats having to fight with dread-like tangles twice a day. I can't believe i used to do it any other way.

2. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

i have crazy thick wavy hair too. thanks for the tips :) ill try it out

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

clever :) good to know!

4. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Hemp seed oil works wonders for hair too.