I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Politics are awesome, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

humans, and all life for that matter, are nothing but coincidences. We will die, our planet will be destroyed, our sun will go, making even life on Mars an unrealistic dream. And after all of that, we will be forgotten. There won't be anyone to remember us.

I'm not referring to the entire population of people as "us," but just you and me. Everything we've ever done won't be remembered by anybody.

I'm feeling pretty weird about this all. There's basically no point to life; we are nothing but a ripped condom in the smorgasbord orgy that is the Big Bang.

Discuss. :confused:

2. spooner

spooner is done.

I've always found anonymity like that to be comforting.

3. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Yeah. There is no point to life.

Might as well have the best time one can. You know?

But it is interesting to think about how everything we all know will one day be gone.

4. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

You never know, though. If we don't blow ourselves up, at the rate we're evolving now, we may be able to venture into deep space before our solar system ceases. So, while what you say is likely, it's not guaranteed.

But yes, our existence is completely meaningless. :)

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Yeah, I had that realization. Nothing may matter in the grand scheme of things, and it probably doesn't, but in the meantime, we should try to make things as good of a place as we can for the people around us.

6. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

its always possible that some of 'us' might go on and do something great (ie. murder someone(s) ) and will be remembered
    and even if that's not the case, most of 'us' will be remembered by someone even if its just a person in their future decadence
    eventually the world will end and there is a huge possibility that nothing will be remembered, but really who cares, if you want to be remembered, do something memorable other wise it just doesn't really matter
    to be alive you must die, scientifically speaking..

7. Lucifer Sam

It's also kind of cool to think that we're all the same in the end. Whether you're a saintly hero or a rapist killer, you're going to die the same way and become part of the Earth again. :)

8. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

I dont see the point in thinking about this stuff. I mean, you're spending time trying to come to terms with the distant future.

I think its best to live here in the moment, taking pleasure in the details.

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Hopefully if you're a hero you'll at least get a street named after you, and some kids will hate reasing about you in history class til the earth gets incenerated. [​IMG]

10. indian~summer

i agree :D

11. indian~summer

i would love that..all those kids having to write dumbass essays :rolleyes:
    :D

12. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

fo sho!

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You could also try religion I guess.

You can at least convince yourself that your lifes important that way.

14. Politics are awesome

Meh, for a while I was certain that we are not a coincidence.

But after watching a few things on the science channel, the truth seems to be so obvious.

She blinded me with science. :D That bitch. :D

15. discohippiedude

discohippiedude Member

I agree good point. But I do feel the human race in a whole should be thinking more on our not so distant future( gobal warming, world war 3, Paris Hilton's music career, ect.) instead

16. Lucifer Sam

Why should we, though? Who's to say you shouldn't just do whatever YOU want, regardless if you have to kill/destroy/torture/ruin/steal/etc.? The idea that we should help eachother is just something we made up... no one told use we have to do that. I'm not saying I disagree with you, but it's something to think about. There really is no good reason, other than the fact that I don't want to, for me not to go on a killing spree right now. I would never do it, because I wouldn't get enjoyment from that (I couldn't do it, actually), but there's no real reason why I shouldn't.

That's what I've been trying to wrap my head around lately, that there are no rules not made by man. There are no morals that we must follow; nothing. It's all a lie. The idea that murder, probably considered the worst act you can commit, is "bad," is a lie.

17. Politics are awesome

I've been thinking about all that too...

For most of my life, I've felt guilty if I'm not being a good person. But now, I feel so...weird...... because I think I know that it doesn't matter now.

And there are so many religious people.... 95% of the world's population or somewhere's around that... who believe in a God. What a waste of time? :D

18. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

haha.. well yes. i do think we should take precautions in making sure we take good care of the earth and each other.. but thats something i do now. i dont make plans to "take care about it later". Recycling, planting trees, walking instead of driving, etc are all .. spiritual connections with the earth in my eyes. which is a now thing. if that makes sense :p

19. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Well, most people but not all are born with a conscience and can determine right from wrong. I can completely see what you're saying, but most people cannot commit murder/rape/etc., without knowing their actions are wrong in some form. I believe this isn't attributed to just conditioning that society has engrained in people, but a part of how humans think and act.

20. Lucifer Sam

But, perhaps our conscience is really a handicap. Because our conscience is really illogical, isn't it? Perhaps rising above our conscience is the next step in human evolution.