Its time for a nice suit, all men need to own a nice suit.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by broony, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Here come the men in black

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the "etc" covers the rest of the cons...

like jehovah witness's and lawyers

3. broony

broony Banned

The short guy passed away. I believe it was a drug OD.

Rest in peace my man.

4. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Well, lucky for me I'm not the attractive guy wearing a suit. I'm merely wearing a suit.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Stop Putting Yourself Down......Can't Say Iv'e Ever Seen An Ugly 18 Year Old......:smileycat:

Cheers Glen.

6. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

I never said I was ugly. I'm just not eye-catchingly attractive, or just attractive. But I'm definitely not quasimodo

7. Sorry to hear about your friend. I have multiple suits, vests, trousers. I like classic clothes and dress like that all the time. Sweaters, wingtips and a nice watch. It's a shame most people don't seem to care what they look like anymore. My hour our society has fallen. To see people shopping in their pajamas or worse. I would love to have lived in the 1950s. When men wore suits and hats and ladies heels and dresses.

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Mine's a Burberry brown herringbone tweed jacket with a subtle rust windowpane, an Orvis grey shirt with a rust and blue windowpane, and a predominantly grey and blue tweed tie which picks up the brown & rust of the jacket and gray, rust, & blue of the shirt. Pleated brown wool slacks with cuffs, nice braces, and high-end brown leather wingtips...and a Harris Tweed flat cap and an Irish Blackthorn stick.
    All from thrift stores.

SteveAustin likes this.
  9. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Or when people got dressed up for a flight, church, or we engineers all wore ties to work. My home office wear today is either warmups / Tee / hoodie, or warm weather, athletic shorts and Tee....socks and shoes always optional. Whenever I put on a sport coat, much less a tie for a customer event, I always get crap like "where, you going, a wedding or funeral????" - that too - people show up to things like that like they just fell out of bed...

SteveAustin likes this.
  10. We must be from the same era. I am 55 and have always been in the insurance industry. We used to dress up in suits and ties with the ladies in dresses/suits and hosiery/heels. In the late 90s it began as "business casual" Fridays. Then it morphed into "business casual" then "jean Fridays" then downhill from there. Covid accelerated the slide into lazy dumpiness in the West. Really sad.

11. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Covid accelerated the slide into stretchy everything.....it was tough to really get back into the swing of getting dressed again...and shoes....

SteveAustin likes this.
  12. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I hit the NYC discos in the early 70s wearing a gold Angels Flight suit, like this one. No way I could fit in it now.
    [​IMG]