its so quiet and desolate......

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, Jan 5, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

whenever a winter storm comes through.....

it seems like everything stops. I live on a pretty busy street, but I hardly see any cars go past.... its so quiet and so dead..... no wind..... the trees are drooping and sad.. its just so eerie when there is an ice/snow storm. when the ice gets bad enough, you dont hear anything but falling tree limbs..... its like a chandelier falling to the ground. you hear a few crackles and then a smash of ice and wood smacking the ground.

I guess it could have been much worse here. Ive been through quite many ice storms. the most recent one I could remember was in jan 2002. I did have my power out for about a day..... I almost got knocked out by a tree branch. I was clearing all the ice off my car windows, and I was on the drivers side clearing that area off..... when I went to move over to the passenger side to hear a loud crack, so I ducked and covered my head, then I heard things come tumbling down...... I was lucky. the heavy branch just missed me. landed right where I was standing not but 30 seconds before..... and it just missed my car as well. I tell you what.... after that happened, I hurried up and cleaned the other side and got out of there.. lol. I probably wrote about that in 2002....... hmm makes me think...... I should dig it up.

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

hmm maybe I should start conversing with myself.

3. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I love it

Geez Ryan, need me to come over and hold you?

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

im just waiting for a winter storm... snow not ice.

5. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

as if that would be something new:p

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

you know, sometimes I get the urge to bitch slap you like the guy on your signature.

7. interval_illusion

and other times, you feel the urge to make sweet love to his beautiful hiney...yeah, we already know. :)

8. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

arent you supposed to be ignoring me yet, trish?

9. interval_illusion

uh, no, a couple of days i told you i stopped that.

nothing you can say can bug me so i see no reason to ignore you anymore.

10. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

[​IMG]

11. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I love the calm right before a snow storm or in the morning when the snow is hanging on the trees. It looks so pretty.

Worst snow storm ever (that I remember) was back in 1996. We had snow drifts taller than me.

Did you take any pictures?

12. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

LOL!!!! I used to have a friend who looked exactly like Bart. He used to drive a red Ford Fiesta. It was so fitting for him. (and funny)

Whispers you always have the best animations. :)

13. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

[​IMG].......and thanks babe

14. dhs

dhs Senior Member

We had a pretty good ice storm up here on Sunday - even a few Highway Trucks they were using to salt the roads slid off and rolled over despite having chains. Lots of tourons in SUV's were off in the ditches too. Somehow they think their 4 wheel drive makes them invincible - nope, nada when it comes to ice

The worst was the ice storm of 98'. The entire northern part of the state and up into Canada was coated with 2 inches of ice - some remote locations went without power for 3 weeks. It was pretty amazing. A bit north of here there were these power lines - the real GIANT steel kind, they literally crumpled to the ground from the weight of the ice. It looked like some huge creature had stepped on them.