It's share a recipe time

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 31, 2005.

1. it can be simple, complicated, whatever. (preferable something that tastes good) ;)

tonight i am making a roasted chicken... it has some of the BEST flavour. it works well for turkey too.

here's what you need
    2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. paprika
    3/4 tsp. onion powder
    1/2 tsp. thyme
    1/2 tsp. white pepper
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1- 3 pound chicken
    i cup onion, chopped

mix the dry ingrediants and rub mixture into chicken, inside and out. place in a plastic bag in fridge over night. stuff cavity with onions and roast, uncovered at 250 about 5 hours. baste occasionally (i love the word baste, it's funny)

(with a bigger chicken or turkey, double the spices

then make some mashed potatoes, use the juice to make a gravy...

and you got.... yummers

your turn. ;)

2. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I don't share my recipes.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

that sounds good...i wish i could cook :D

heres mine...

Items:
    a couple cans of chefboyarde Ravioli
    shredded cheese
    aluminum foil
    a pan..

dump the ravoili in the pan and mix the cheese all in it...
    cover with the foil and cook until you see that it is done..

4. haha, wellll arent you special?:rolleyes:

actually i have three family recipes that none of us share. but everything else i share.

5. um that sounds good. i love addding cheese to stuff. adding more tomato sauce would be good too.

btw, anyone can cook. :) it's really fun to cook and blare music and dance, sing and have some drinks. ;)

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

i know i am a cheese fanatic, i add it to everything..
    i must try adding more sauce as well..

everytime i cook either i make the biggest mess in the world and drop most of it on the floor, or i burn the hell out of it...hehe :p
    But it is fun when i do actually have something turn out right :D

7. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

That is about the only way I really like to cook. If I got a buzz going I really enjoy myself in the kitchen. I get creative and my dinners normally turn out alright.

Any other time I'm in there cooking I just want to get it done, get it on the table, clean it up, and wait for the the next round of things to do.

Your dinner sounds awesome Interval.

8. yeah, i have times when cooking is annoying too so i hear ya.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

here's the furthest my domesticity extends- you take the cereal you pour it in a bowl and than you put milk on top-you can even put bananas on it-but then you have to cut them and that gets a little complicated. the great thing about cereal is that if you get any of the steps mixed up it's no biggie ie-you can pour the milk then the cereal and it makes little difference.

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

LOL!!!!! Easy as 1,2,3...my kind of meal :D

I like to add raisens to my cereal. yummy

11. lynsey

lynsey Banned

that complicates things there. Last week I was getting cereal and after I poured it I realized there were strawberries so I put those on and than when I sat down to eat it it went all over the place. They had to change the table cloth and everything and my boss was like see this is why you need to eat meat bacon is way simple. But yeah I think I won the award for the pickiest eater and the worst table manners. and ya know just because I like to eat everything with the smaller fork doesn't mean I don't know what all those damn forks are for.-sorry held over issues.

12. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

A Crummy Greyhound

Take any size glass, fill it 2/3 way to the top with ice. Fill with vodka to just below top of ice. Fill rest of the way with ruby red grapefruit juice cocktail. for best mixing, I reccomend pouring mixture in its entirety into another glass of same dimensions, but a spoon or some other utensil used to stirr will work as well.

ENjoy.

13. haha lynsey and crummy.

14. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Spinach, Cheese, & Bacon Strata
    4 cups sliced & buttered French bread, cubed
    1 bag frozen spinach (16 oz)
    6 to 8 ounces diced, cooked bacon, ham, or turkey ham
    1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper, to taste
    1 can (10oz) cream of asparagus soup (the 98% fat free is fine)
    1/2 cup evaporated milk
    5 eggs
    1 tablespoon minced dried onion (optional)
    Lightly butter a 3 1/2-quart crockpot. Layer with half of the buttered bread cubes, spinach, bacon, and cheese; salt and pepper to taste. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Whisk together the soup, milk, eggs, and dried onion. Pour over crockpot mixture. Chill for 1 hour or overnight. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
    Serves 4 to 6.

15. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

My kitchen is undergoing renovations and the oven is still not connected.