It's not just cops and rightwing nuts who hate liberals

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by RevoMystic, Jan 27, 2005.

1. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

I wrote this in another thread in the politics forum and thought it appropriate to post it here too.

I consider my political ideology to be "green anarchist", which some might consider to be radical. The dictionary defintion of that (radical) is basically "someone who looks to the root cause of a problem and acts accordingly to fix it". That's not the exact quote, but it's essentially that. So that being said, here's my view of those stereotypically deemed "liberal".

My problem with "liberals" is not the same problem that rightwing folks have with them...very different, actually. For one, liberals are all talk. And they bow down each and everytime they lose a fight...they're the first ones to say "get over it, we lost!" even if the opponents STEAL the victory...which is precisely what happened after this "election". They are weak. They don't stand up for what they believe in (if they still remember what that is) and they are so easily herded into the republican camp when something traumatic occurs, like 9-11. Liberals all across the U.S. supported the U.S. attacking the soviergn(sp) nation of Afghanistan, which slaughtered thousands of innocents, even though the nation of Afghanistan itself had nothing to do with the 9-11 attacks. Liberals supported that effort and cursed at anyone who disagreed.

Liberals are lazy. Liberals are weak-kneed, and liberals will join the neo-conservatives ANY DAY before taking any real action toward progressive change. That's their track-record, and it's utterly pathetic. So my beef with liberals is that they'll turn on you in a flash when something goes afoul.

And of course I'm not talking about the Democratic party, which as some here stated accurately, have almost completely abandoned the working class, and is no longer representative of the everyday American, but of corporate might, like the republicans. They've morphed with the republicans into a single party bent on global empire through corporate legislation and military enforcement. And the few honest Democratic leaders that are left are marginalized, ignored, berated on the corporate media, and assasinated, as I believe Sentator Paul Wellstone was.

So to the rightwing trolls in here, whether you're regular uninformed average joes, or paid to defend empire, don't ever accuse those who take progressive action of being liberal...we're not. We can be called "liberatarian", but not "liberal", and there's a big difference.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Amen to that!

I am often accused of being a "liberal" because of my views. I consider myself neither a liberal or conservative, and I really hate those terms because both paint cliches. My views are basically libertarian. There is this notion among people that either you're a liberal or you're a conservative, which is just nonsense. The world is not black and white -- it's much more than that.

I feel like I've said that more than once. If so, good.

It's funny because sometimes I am accused by "liberals" of being conservative because I am against gun control, against open borders, against public schooling, against government control over health care, against excessive government spending and against taxes.

I am also against the Federal Reserve, FEMA, BATF, PNAC, CIA, FBI, NSA, CFR and every other corrupt government/shadow government agency that exists.

I am aganist globalist entities like the UN and EU, the Club of Rome, David Rockefeller's Trilateral Commission and Bilderberger Group.

I am against globalist operational fronts like NATO, NAFTA, WTO and UNESCO.

I am against global-elites like David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger (both whom are advocates of eugenics and population reduction), and the House of Rothschild.

Ok, enough of my ranting.

Basically, I don't want the government butting into my life. Period.

However, I am more often accused by "conservatives" of being a liberal, simply because I am against the illegal, imperial war in Iraq, corporate corruption, the destruction of civil liberties, state-sponsored, government-orchestrated terrorist attacks (9/11, OKC, WTC '93) and the emerging police state. I am also in support of the legalization of all illegal drugs, most of which are shipped in by the CIA anyway.

I believe this whole left/right paradigm serves a purpose, and it's not to our benefit. It is to divide and polarize people. This is exactly what the elites want, because it contributes to this sports-like mentality, where it's one side up against the other, which brings about this tension that causes people to lose sight of what's really at stake; the real issues that transcend the petty bickering between lefties and righties, that are not being seen over this media-induced smoke screen.

This right/left, red/blue country we live in is nothing more than a product of the media, which leads people to believe there are only two sides to a story, when it goes far deeper than we have been lead to believe.

3. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i think people have no idea what to define a 'liberal' or 'conservative' as... slandering other people with these words is just as stereotypical as any other stereotype.

4. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

I was talking to a girl my friend is dating the other day, and I told her I'm moving to Denver next month. What she said next just boggles my mind.

She said "But Colorado's a red state, there's lots of Republicans there." like living in a red state would be unbearable. The funny thing is, we both live in Denton Texas, a county that voted 85% Republican last election and smack in the middle of a big red state.

I just stared at her for a second and said "So what?"

It just irks me that people can be so judgemental about the red state-blue state crap.

5. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

well like Pressed Rat said, it's a fictious and illusory notion constructed by the corporate media to further divide the people. Americans need to start looking toward eachother, and no longer to the media who's sole purpose is to keep the masses UNinformed.

6. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Phil Ochs called liberals on their spineless bullshit years ago. Although a few of the references may be dated, the principles (or lack thereof) are still valid today:

7. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Right, so you namecall ("rightwing trolls"), claim we are all dumb for either one reason ("regular uninformed average joes") or another ("paid to defend empire") and then complain about being mislabelled.

Here's a label for you: hypocrite.

8. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

I may be a hypocrit for labeling...but at least when I do it...it's more or less accurate. Maybe instead of "troll", I should have said "idiot". Sorry about that.

9. element7

element7 Random fool

Don't much care for coffee cup revolutionaries who do indeed label themselves 'liberal'. I used to wait tables at an all night diner, there they were every night bitching about the world and doing nothing but coming back the next night and doing it again. One night I just asked them straight out "What are you going to do about all of this?" Naturally a long discussion started to ensue, "No, no what are you going to do about it?" A long discussion started again... couldn't quite get around that question I guess because they were back again the next night doing the same thing. Ultimately they didn't like me anymore because I kept bringing it home. Go figure, oh well.

10. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

perfect example :)