Its cool to discover a barefoot Mesageboard

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by barefoot_boy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. barefoot_boy

barefoot_boy Member

Some of my aunts where hippies and encouraged me to go
    barefoot from an early age.I've always gone barefoot a
    lot despite peoples wierd comments etc.
    My mother calls me a dropout for such behaviour.
    Thats sad.

2. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I'm sorry to read that your mother feels that way about it. Apart from going barefoot a lot, are there any other ways in which you might be reinforcing that image with your mother? Do you make sure to act responsibly? I don't know how old you are, but if you're under 18, parents will have certain expectations of you, and if you aren't taking school seriously, or don't keep your room and appearance reasonably neat, you won't score points with them. Be respectful, but tell your mom that being barefoot is not a way to bother her or rebel. Be honest, and tell her the truth if you are just more comfortable, relaxed and peaceful when you're barefoot. If you phrase it in a way that makes her understand that to put on shoes just to fit in would make you feel like you were not being yourself, and would make you physically less comfortable than you easily can be with your feet bare, hopefully she will want for you what you want for you: a little room to be yourself and be free.

Good luck.

Blue skies,
    -Jeffrey

3. barefoot_boy

barefoot_boy Member

No Sug!Im 29 years old.

4. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Hahahaah! Then tell her, "Mom, I'm an adult, gimme a break. You wanna run my life forever?!" :p

It's one thing if a kid is a teenager. At 29, you should be respected in your autonomy.

Blue skies,
    -Jeffrey

5. barefoot_boy

barefoot_boy Member

She's always known that I like to go barefoot.I guess I always will.