It's been one year..

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by ThePmiester, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Well, I found the scrap of paper I wrote on, they were backcombed on the 12th February 2008.
    I have successfully not given up on something in my life.
    Although it hasn't really been a year, they were backcombed every week till the end of July, they were drenched in wax :(
    Now only a few waxy ones survive, tbh I don't count this as being a year, I count it from the day I realised I had to let go & get this wax out of my hair, It's been about 6 months then really, perhaps a few months longer.
    Anyone give me some closure? I am so happy with my journey so far, it's just a shame the first half of their life was plagued!
    :peace:

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

if you truly want closure then you need to truly let the first how ever many months go.. forgive yerself of yer sins n let it go.. no one can give you closure.

3. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

you stopped and thats what matters^-^
    closure.hmmm,well if you think how they are going to grow out,beautiful natural and wax free.in a few more years it'll only be the ends of your hair that went through the bad times.you've learnt and grown and it shows in your hair.congratulations on kind of making it to one year^-^x

4. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Thankyou Dilligaf :)
    So you think I should forget the months up to July existed?

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

doesnt matter what i think.. but seems you think they ought to be so why not ;) its not a time thing anyway...

6. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Thankyou Luxie :)
    That's whats keeping me going :)
    There is the one at the back of my head, it is by far the fattest, but it's so loose & I can see the wax that it makes the rest of them look & feel terrible, It has about 1-3 inches of new growth, I just want to cut it! Can I do it :(?
    The rest of them over the last few weeks have taken form so much, im really proud of myself & my gorgeous dreadies!
    x

7. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

REally from the pics you have posted you have gorgeous beautiful dreads.... chopping because they have a heart of wax would be terrible... :( poor little babies... its not their fault..... just leave them be.... you have no reason to cut unless they are buggy or they stink.

My dreads have wax to the core... but I plan to grow 'em for ages and keep them around the middle of my back...I think in ten years or so I can trim the wax out.... until then... I shall love them :)

8. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

It's only one of them :)
    The rest are under control :)
    I know it would be horrible, but he is getting worse everytime I wash him & traps loads of shiz in him.
    If I cut 3/4's of him off he will be short & stumpy :(

9. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

meh... ignore him...
    seriously... have you no heart?

10. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

:O
    He's laughing at me, he coats the others close to him in wax, I could pull him apart!
    Infact! Im going to rip him down the middle(he's coming apart) and do several stages of wax removal :)

11. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

really... just had a lightbulb turn on over my head.... try ironing him with paper towel or something around him... er... maybe newspaper (less likely to stick to the dread)

I mean I used to flat iron my hair and it was harmless.... and it get wax out of clothing (like when batiking) you iron over the wax with paper around to suck it up.... try it! See if it works...

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

shes right it should at least get the wax near the surface to melt into the paper or something more pourose to soak up more wax then paper..denim that would be good
    its still gonna be hard tyo get at the core though
    if it is comming apart take it apart as much as u can no need to cut if u just can brinbg the core to the surface u canh get the wax out
    u can let it redread once its ok

happy 6 month re-birth day

13. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

its truuuuue, but use brown paper (as in the parcel packing paper) if you use newspaper the ink might run everywhere

14. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I was just about to say that,ddjfrdqiahfpajp that would be baddd.good thinking though T

15. Smelly D

great minds think alike ;)

(we're just too good)

16. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

actually the ink doesn't seep because of the dry heat and wax.... well thats when batiking so...*shrug* just use packing paper to be safe :)

17. Smelly D

havent done batiking since i was at schoolio, and i liked it, but i ruined it big time

18. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

LOL...ya that was the last time I did it too but we did so much. we made some for the drama festival show... They used them as back drops..... wow... I can't believe I remember that!