It's A Twin Thing.....

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Ashalicious, May 27, 2016.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

No.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i know a guy that i wish he had a more of a mental connection with his brother

his twin has been missing now for almost 10 years...suspected to have walked into the wilderness as a suicide walk ..small chance it may have been a murder but no one knows yet

3. Ashalicious

Oh wow. I couldn't imagine having my sister (or ANY family member, for that matter) go missing, and to be left not knowing what happened. Just thinking about it makes my heart hurt.

Was this fellow very close with his twin, before he went missing?

My sister has struggled with depression for many years, and just recently came out of a very deep bout. It was a tough year for our family. She spent many days in bed, crying. All I wanted to do was make it better for her, take her sadness away, but there was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless.

Fortunately, these last few months have seen her doing much, much better. Better than she has been in a long time, and her and I are closer than ever. She actually came to my birthday party this year and stayed until 3 in the morning, and mingled with all of my friends. This might not seem like much, but it was HUGE progress for her.

3 people like this.
  4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hope my triplets never become anything less than the very best of friends.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ashalicious

Me too.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Thank you, Ash!

I'm so glad you're sister is feeling better.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont know...they seemed close in highschool but i havent known them since then

they were the type of twins that were opposites....one outgoing and good looking and popular....the one thats missing was quiet and introverted and looked just fine but something always seemed "off"

8. Aerianne

The triplets had a festival at school this past week. One of the booths was "Dance Party". I asked Lauren about the different activities. She told me that she didn't go in that one because she's "a terrible dancer".

That hurt me for her. I don't think she probably really is a bad dancer, but she is the one that gets her feelings hurt very badly if she thinks anyone is making fun of her.

I'm going to work with them this Summer. The other two better get in there and teach her to dance! I want her to have good self-esteem. I want her to be a "joiner". I don't want her to grow up feeling like I did, in other words. She's got sisters to help her and to lift her up.

9. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Im a twin too! My twin is 9 mins older than me!

2 people like this.
  10. Ashalicious

Way cool! Are you identical, or fraternal?

I am one minute older than my sister. My sister was actually about to be delivered first, and I stuck my foot down towards the birth canal and created a traffic jam. My mom had to have an emergency C-section, in which I was pulled out first. I was determined to be the older sister, I guess.

1 person likes this.
  11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My sister has a set of identical girls and a set of identical boys. Now that they're in they're in their 40's can almost tell them apart.

2 people like this.
  12. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Yes we're identical! We do have alot in common,music,sense of humour,morals etc.However I now live in the UK (moved from Australia)and its something my twin unfortunately finds hard to deal with.I've been back home quite a few times over the years,but she has never been here.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ashalicious

You should fly her out to you, and then take her over to Bali for a week while she is there.

My sister and I share the same sense of humor. All we have to do is make eye contact, and then we can get a mad case of the giggles, or something that seems dumb to everyone else will have us rolling on the floor.

2 people like this.
  14. Aerianne

Do you stay in contact daily?

15. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Pretty much!I work 4 days on then have 4 days off,so on the days Im working,I will check Facebook for messages from her,and reply.On days I'm not working,we speak real time via FB,like I did today for 2 hrs!lol We used to use Skype,but my twin found it too upsetting seeing me,so we dont anymore.We send eachother long emails too,usually twice or 3 times per week. Yes we also laugh alot together,as the same things that other people wouldnt find funny! ;)

2 people like this.
  16. Aerianne

Poor sister! :bigcry:

1 person likes this.
  17. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

(Raises hand on the twin part) I'm one, too. Identical and 6 minutes younger. I'm left-handed and he's right-handed. My mother insists she didn't teach me the opposite like that! :)

1 person likes this.
  18. Ashalicious

Ahh, fellow twin! Way cool! Are you and your brother close?

My sister and I are closer now than we have been in quite a few years, and I'm so happy. She suffers from depression, unfortunately, and is going through a really tough low right now. It came on a few days ago.

19. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Yes, we're close, Ash. We live together, but not by choice. My older brother lives two towns away and my sister lives in a different part of town. My mother is the next closest person to me.

20. Ashalicious

How is it living with your twin? I am envious of you because you get to spend more time with him than I do with my sister, although my sister and I talk often and she knows most of my secrets now. Living with her would drive me crazy, though. When we were both living at home, she had a history of helping herself to my things without asking. This drove me fucking crazy (for obvious reasons).

Her and I do share (among many things) the same love of books, so at least I know when I lend her a book, she will take good care of it and give it back in excellent condition. I can't stand when I lend a book out and then never see it again, which is why I am very picky about who I lend my books to.

1 person likes this.