Israel feeling secure with their international standing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gardener, Feb 17, 2009.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Israel gives the green light to expanding settlements on the West Bank.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1064503.html

I think it's time they did their biblical cleansing on their own dime. Why should the US continue to support this type of behavior?

2. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Where does the US come into this?

3. gardener

Because we provide them foreign aid and arms. And in conjunction with support of Israel we have provided aid and military training to Abbas in an effort to discredit the duly elected government of Hamas.

4. odon

odon Slightly Popular

One issue, yes. What has that got to do with the building of houses?

5. gardener

They aren't just building homes, they are expelling Palestinians that have built homes, developed farms in the area on the premise that they biblically hold a claim to lands others have inhabitated for centuries. Have you read nothing about the settlements?

And they are doing it at a time when Palestinians are trying to negotiate Peace talks. But then they got away with their caged shoot, nows the time to expand their area of influence. Dumb US citizens we just think they are building suburbs to expand the landscape and tourist trade. They don't need no stupid arabs living in their biblical holy land!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/conditioning-part-of-us-a_b_167321.html

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Yes, I know about the settlements. That is a valid point you raise.
    I can even share your cynical outlook about that.
    I wonder where the US is involved in your point, here.
    Seems there is no point.
    You have not explained that point yet, as far as I can see.

7. gardener

Why should the US continue to send them aid and arms when they obviously don't seek Peace? Can we afford to just throw that money down the drain? Or are we just paying for their expansion? They realize this expansion will cause more unrest. Is the US willing to back their biblical inniative? I am not!

Part of the economic stimulus package should have been a cut off of Israeli aid.

8. odon

odon Slightly Popular

The US is not the only country that sends them aid.
    We can be cynical, but you are wrong, infact very wrong in suggesting they do not seek peace. It might not follow the same strategy you wish. but, it is true.

Another fabricated so-called US issue, that has really nothing to do with the US, at all. Sorry.

9. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

The US really supports to the tune of 2 TRILLION dollars,Saudi Arabia.That so-called war the Bush administration started benefitted Saudi Arabia and also Iran.And Israel seeks peace,NOT the Palestinians.---Something that is rarely mentioned, up until 1967 Egypt controlled the Palestinians and Egypt REFUSED to recognize them as a state.Israel has bent over backwards trying to please a group of people(Palestinians) that nominate terrorist groups to run their government.So it seems the Palestinians are just a burden to everyone.--BTW, This subject is talked about to much on this forum.Its gotten to the point of being boring.

10. gardener

Then it won't matter if we don't send them a check and we cut off all arms sales to them.

I'd rather bail out Chrysler, GM, and Ford at least they provide productive work not death in a foreigh desert. They take Easter off.

11. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

As a supporter of Israel,gardener in a way I agree with you about the small amount aid.For this reason, the US aid to Israel comes with a price,and that price is the US trying to tell Israel what to do,like a parent giving a child an allowance.And by the way what about all the aid etc. the US gives to other countries.

12. odon

odon Slightly Popular

You do like drama and even melodrama don't you?

As far as their policy of building houses is concerned, no, I doubt it would matter if we sent them no money at all.

13. gardener

Exactly, but they seem to think they can use marketing to advance their goals, but the problem is they've hired the same marketers the GOP did with McCain's campaign. Thing is people are watching and they aren't as brain dead as they used to be when the economy was peaking.

14. gardener

Then let's cut it off. Add that back into our national budget, would probably fix a lot of poor kids teeth and provide aid to some of us that aren't invested in the market. But not just aid for building homes, let's cut off the arms sales and all the other aid to Israel. Israel is a nation unto itself, let it fund that nation on it's own.

15. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Actually the Palestinians and Hamas do use great marketing for their lies,propaganda etc.--I have nothing against you gardener but in this issue you are wrong and candidly are uniformed about the whole topic.

16. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Again. What has the US got to do with this issue, precisely - not vaguely, precisely? Lets cut their funding off so they can't build hospitals or an inordinate amount of speed bumps.
    Gee whiz...talk about creating an issue where there is none.

17. gardener

Please, how are they using marketing? The fact that Israel has blockaded and isolated them, is a marketting tool?

18. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

This is my last post on this thread. gardener,take a look at mainstream media and all the polished smooth talking liars that represent Hamas and the Palestinians.And I've mentioned this many times,but the Palestians are the most OVERrepresented group in the media.

19. gardener

So Israel's expansion of these settlements is soley to build hospitals? I am more capable of believing they are building speed bumps huge ones that will stall all peace negotiations.

20. odon

odon Slightly Popular

No. I was being overly dramatic.
    Ok - I'm saying find details US aid is funding the expansion of housing or remove the US from this equation.
    If you want to talk about the Israeli peace process and those issue, fine.
    It just gets a tad boring when anything concerned with Israel suddenly has the US attached...on this it seems a bit of a stretch, even for you.