isn't it interesting that 'religious fanaticism' and hippieness intertwines?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by cerridwen, Jan 26, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've kind of noticed this... It's common (at least what I've noticed) to find the Jesus Freaks, the Pagans, the actively Buddhist, etc intertwine with the person being this mellow, groovy hippie type person... it's so interesting... or am I the only one who thinks so?

2. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

hmm, i hadnt really made the connection until i read this, but the more i think about it the more i can see it....

3. burt_peace_drummer

burt_peace_drummer Member

hey man it is true it all interwines in some way i have read alot about it it is really interesting

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hippies are into the mind, be it using it or numbing it. so they are entusiastic about waht conclusions thier mind reaches, be it drug of choice or belief of choice. i myself went full circle with all of it, and thankfully landed on the the jesus freak side. not to say that i condone any actions or beliefs taken by churchgoers or politicians, cus i know that they are all run by pagans.

5. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't think so. I'm Christian, but I doubt ANYONE would ever call me a Jesus freak.

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

man now i wish i woulda been nicer and less mischevious around you. oh well im a natural born spunion.

7. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

What do you mean ".....they are all run by pagans"? And what research (proof) do you have to back this up? From my point of view, if the actions of churchgoers and politicians were "run by pagans", then the world would be a much more peaceful place and our planet wouldn't be being raped by greed and corporations. Pagans are basically just non-christian hippies.
    Peace, truth and tolerance for all.

PS- I'm not attacking you, but I am defending pagans. They are not responsible for the actions of over-zealous churchgoers and/or politicians.