Islam's Racial Make-Up

Discussion in 'Islam' started by Salsabil3, May 5, 2007.

1. Salsabil3

Salsabil3 Member

Being a white semi-convert (still studying) I have wondered for a while the number of white's and others that make up the Islamic Racial make up. I can't find anything on it. I think I read that 33% of Muslims are black and 25% arab Arab so that's only 58% of Muslims. So anyhow if anyone knows the racial make up can they please say so.

2. Phrensied Rabbits

Phrensied Rabbits Member

That's a good question. I've never wondered.
    I can't find a single thing on the ethnic demographics of Islam.
    I'd imagine a good percent would be from north africa and southeast asia.
    Personally, I'm white, but I don't know many other white muslims.
    Assalamu aleikom

3. Salsabil3

Salsabil3 Member

Same, I've scene stats in a newsweek once, I think.

4. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

what makes you want to convert ?

do you know anything of the case against mohammed and islam , see I doubt muslims will tell you the negitives of the religion so you should talk to former muslims

5. Ali_bin_Abi_Talib

Ali_bin_Abi_Talib Member

As Salam Alaykum Rahmatullah

Only 10% of the Islamic Ummah (nation) is arab. The most populated Islamic Country is actually Indonesia. China has twice the amount of muslims then Saudi Arabia. Pakistan also has alot of muslims. Islam is not an arab religion, and muslims come from all over. I know some muslims from the Caribbean, El Salvador, Columbia, South Africa, and all over. North Africa has alot of muslims. They don't really call themselves arabs they say they are berbers. Anyway I hoped this helped.

BTW, what books are you studying? If you want to PM me I might be able to mail you some.

Ma Salama

6. *dave*

*dave* Member

Jonny what is your beef with Islam? Have muslims some how affected your life in a negative way? I pray that you will leave muslims alone, and it is very wicked of you to try and shake a semi convert of a path they believe to be true.

Peace & Love

7. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

100% right. im not religious in any way, but it is kind of fucked up to try and sabotauge someone who is close to finding their own path in life to happiness. i personally couldnt care less if someone else is right or wrong in spiritual beliefs, so long as they are happy and it helps them find inner peace

8. Puffis

Puffis Member

I am mixed but mostly Black, I think most Muslims are Asian, as in farther in, like brother Ali_bin_Abi_Talib said many are from Indonesia, and China, and yes johnny2mad, what is it you ahve against Islam, at first I just dismissed you as ignorant, now I think there is more behind it than that, I would appreciate it if you told me, perhaps I, or some other beleiver can change your mind, or a least defend Islam. ( So you know when I said change your mind I didn't mean convert, just change your mind about Islam being violent.)

9. unity100

unity100 Member

muslims do not leave anyone alone, and neither their religion, nor their communities ever advocate that.

10. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

11. unity100

unity100 Member

turkey is shown to be muslim in majority. yet its something that stays in statistics. maybe 40% actually practice it. probably 20% of the population have no relation with islam despite they are recorded as muslim in the census.

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Take a look at one of those big demos in Iran where they do the breast beating etc.....do they look like people who have found inner peace?

Do the ones who call for the burning alive of Salman Rushdie inspire you with peace and love?Or those who call for the beheading of 'enemies of the prophet'?

13. stoney69

stoney69 Member

at your age, have you found inner peace ?

14. BlackBillBlake

Up to a point - :)

15. stoney69

stoney69 Member

well ..not enough to have an understandin of the camp on the other side!

amazes me how many defendants the rushdie charachter has managed to amass over the years. dont need to get into the other religious bits ..but just how many deaths and burnins are the ENGLISH responsible for, over the centuries ? and continue to be ? but the "peace and love" in you has not provoked you enough to distance yourself from their ACTIONS, has it ? you're still in the country ..still patriot enough to the rushdie cause

cheers mate!

16. BlackBillBlake

Myself I can't stand Rushdie - he is an untalented hack in my view.
    However, like everyone else he has an inate right to think as he will, and to express his thoughts if he wants to.

Two other things: my own ancestors in Ireland were persecuted in a previous epoch by those nasty brits. So don't point your grubby little finger at me.

Also, although the brits once routinely carried out human rights abuses on a large scale, they have moved on to a more humane ideal, unlike say saudi arabia, or iran. Even the USA come to that.

Not much point in inner peace in a world of religious fanatics anyway. It's outer peace we need. Not more stupidity and wars and killings over outmoded belief systems.

17. stoney69

stoney69 Member

so if everyone has a right to think as they will, and express thoughts as they will (rushdie for you), why are you denyin this right to the fanatics and the ones you blame for human rights abuses ?

surprises me how humane you think of the british invasion in the region! and not to mention the reason why there's been conflict in the region for over half a century! ....humane you say ?

and im glad you've shifted your focus towards the human rights abuses that COUNTRIES/POLITICIANS are committing ..away from blaming the religion for it. and again, how humane are the brits to ignore the large scale human rights abuses by the saudis by playin hooker for their money to sell more arms ?!

religious fanatics are just that, fanatics ..and the good news is they're few and far between, and as powerless. the uncontrollable fanatics are the ones you and your cousins vote in, repeatedly ..and stand in defence for

18. BlackBillBlake

The fanatic goes beyond expressing his or her view. Many it seems are ready to kill others and themselves if necessary.
    I should have qualified what I said - I should have said people have a right to express their views unless it becomes a threat to the peaceful lives of others.
    To criticize religion or it's founders is not such a threat.

I thought I'd made it plain that I am not a supporter of the british establishment. Compared to the activities of british soldiers in Ireland up until the 1920's, what they have done in Iraq is nothing.

However the fact remains that britain along with rest of europe, bans the death penalty and other inhumane punishments which are carried out on the basis that they form part of Islam in countries such as saudi and iran. Therefore, I think I am justified in saying that in general terms, europe is ahead of most of the rest of the world in terms of taking a stance for human rights.
    I won't go into questions of the equality of women, because it would all get too complicated, but Islam doeasn't offer much progress in that area to say the very least.

Being a Uk citizen does not imply support for the reprehensible record of the british govt over the question of Palestine in the past, or the intervention in Iraq now. Personally, I don't think the brits should be there. But it's a US led invasion. And as I say, compared to europe, america has a poor human rights record.
    And again, don't think I am critical of all americans, which I'm not - in this case it's the govt who are to balme. But again, Bush's views are a product of his christian so called beliefs, so religion is actually a big influence in the current conflict. Extreme right wing US christians would like to see it as a 'new crusade'. In my view all of this is insanity pure and simple. To fight over ridiculous and out moded cults.

19. stoney69

stoney69 Member

so, rushdie expresses his views and disturbs the peace there was, the cartoonist express their views and that disturbs the peace there was. but thats ok, its not even provocation - the action is acceptable, the reaction not !

you seem to be confusin issues between Islam and the countries mentioned, and their policies ..have you any actual insight into Islamic teachins ? don't get ME started on the subject of equality of women ..when you're so called european and american (progressful) societies don't even pay women equally! it's a right they've been fightin for years ..among others

20. BlackBillBlake

It wasn't Rushdie expressing his views that caused an actual disturbance. It was the reaction of muslims with their angry demos on one hand, and fatwas on the other.

At least in europe we don't kill women for adultery as in Islamic Iran, run by, yes, Islamic Authorities, who say they base their actions on Islamic law.
    Denial is useless - it's there for the world to see.

Many women in europe hold extremely well paid jobs.