Islam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by prankster1590, Aug 29, 2005.

1. prankster1590

prankster1590 Member

Really. Islam is born in war. It's purpose is to wage war against non-muslims to create a big muslim world empire. This is written litterally in the qur'an. The holy Jihad. The prophet Mohammed waged war against Mecca and deheaded his enemies. The muslim way is the way of the sword.
    The medievel crusades was not a war started by fundamental cristians but a reaction against muslim expansion wars against the orthodox cristians living in byzantine. Their wars were fought well into the 15th century. The Ottomans almost conquered Germany's neighbour country's. Rome was sieged by a sultan and evacuated. The Italiens were lucky that that sultan died of a disease and with him the attacking plans. Would he have succeeded then Europe would have been doomed.
    It was the renaissance and economics of Europe that finally made the Europeans more powerfull then the middle eastern forces. New war technologies like guns and stuff.
    A clash between Cristans and Muslims is innevetible. Islam commands them to convert all non muslims to muslims the soft way or the hard way.
    Terrorist will never give up. They will go on till the end of days.

2. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

it is true they probably never will give up. people don't like to believe it, but it says it plain and simple in the qur'an

3. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

5. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Actually, the word Jihad refers more to a personal struggle within the soul between your base and sinful natures and the will of god.
    And the crusades were a reaction against the muslims closing down the silk road and cutting Europe off from China.
    And the qu'ran says that people who are 'of the books' (Christians and Jews) should not be forcibly converted, unlike pagans. Qur'an 29:46: and do not dispute with the folllowers of the book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly and say: We believe in that which has been realed to us and revealed to you, and our god and your god is one and to him do we submit. (empahsis mine)
    And Islam is an outgrowth of judeo-christianity.
    And the muslims were the most technologically and socially advanced people in the middeavel ages, and without their tireless efforts to preserve and expand ancient greek texts the reniassance would not be possible.
    And more people have died for Jesus than any other person in history (including mohammed and hitler).
    And it's BEheaded not DEheaded.
    Pull your head out of your ass, and read a history book once and a while okay?
    It's all just one small planet, and we need to learn how to atleast understand eachother.

6. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

from wikipedia
    Islamic law

Where non-Muslim People of the Book live in an Islamic nation under Sharia law, they become dhimmi. They are given a number of rights, such as the right to freely practice their faith in private, in return for state protection, and exemption from military service. They also have some responsibilities, such as the payment of a special tax called jizyah ("poll tax"), but exempted from Zakat which Muslims are required to pay. People of the Book living in non-Islamic nations are not considered dhimmi.

7. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

but look at how the muslim leader Caliph Omar burned the texts and books at the royal library of Alexandria. so it kind of balances out the greek texts just a little.

and look at their views on punishment even today. cutting off limbs. public executions. it's not much better than ours, but at least we don't cut off limbs. and we don't encourage our women to hide in layers of clothing and to hide their faces. just admit their views are a little more violent than ours. i am not saying they are terrible people, and i do try to understand them. but they don't forget some muslims are willing to kill themselves for a little bit of land in the gaza strip. but i am not saying all muslims are like this. i am just saying they are a little more violent than us.

and how have more people died for Jesus?

8. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Hey, ever heard of the crusades.
    Followers of Mohammed are no more bloodthirsty that Jews or Christians.
    The all worship the same God, by the way.

9. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

yes i think we have all established that the crusades were terrible. but i was wondering how have more christians died for Jesus. also, besides the muslims being murdered under milosevic, most of attacks have come from muslim extremists. i am not saying that all muslims are like that. but when those american troops were violently murdered in the streets of fallujah, it seemed like almost all of the people were joining in.

again, i am not saying all muslims are like this, i am just saying it seems like the muslims in southeast asia are a little more hostile and violent than the citizens in the west.

10. stoney69

stoney69 Member

that was on 9-11 mate and only a bunch of muslims were in it :D

taxrefund, you tryin too hard with the "im not sayin all muslims are like this"

11. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

Christians killed as many 'witches' as Hitler killed Jews.

They're both as bad as each other though. As an confirmed agnostic (meaning literally that I have no knowledge, ie, I am a seeker of the truth), I count all religions and dogmas which teach the 'answers' as if there are any objective truths, as the enemy.
    I do not count any person or people as an enemy.
    All religions have a huge amount of contradictions and can be interpreted any way you want if you know where to look. It is the idea of faith (meaning belief without evidence) being a virtue that I find disturbing. "Trust what I say and you will get your reward in heaven." Whatever that fuckwit happens to be saying.

Scary.

While the zealots (be they Christian, Muslim, whatever) kill each other for domination, the agnostics and atheists will let them. The meek shall inherit the Earth.

12. prankster1590

prankster1590 Member

Ever heard of the Ottoman Empire???

13. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

Who me? Yeah, expansionists. And Christians aren't? Ever heard of the British Empire?

14. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

The Romans burnt the library at alexandria.

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I don't remember that, but I do remember a lot of white guys in pointy hoods running arount the US not but 50-60 years ago killing as many black folks as they could get away with (and of course it was no trouble getting away with such crimes at the time) not to mention any white folks that befreided anyone of dark skin. "Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America!" - if I may quote directly from their website...

Didn't a christian just get sentanced for bombing an abortion clinic AND the olympics? Oh wait, he didn't use an airplane, so his religion is free from responsibility...

16. prankster1590

prankster1590 Member

Arabs are not Black Africans. They are arabs. So I don't know what the KKK has to do with it.
    And there are offcourse crazy fundamentalistic cristians out their but it wasn't a cristian who formed an Army (al qaida) and attacked the US.
    And you can say that it is the US it's own fault but is that really true.
    What did the US really do wrong before 911. They only were pro-Israel who was being attacked by the Hamas and other groups. They had troops in Saudi Arabia. OK they shouldn't be there but they didn't kill anybody.
    The US suplied weapons to the Taliban in Afghanistan. Only so the people of Afghanistan could fight back an invading Army. The russians.
    That's all.
    Iraq was invaded to get rid of a dangerous dictator who used toxic gas to kill kurds and other minorities. Why are people saying that this man should be left alone when he do's thing like that. What Saddam did to the Kurds and the sjiêtes is far more worse then what the KKK did. You won't find massgraves in Texas or Mississipi with thousands of murdered people.
    But the invasion was a wrong move and the violence after the invasion was really not necessairy. It was provoked by sunni muslims. Who only believe in violence. They also kill thousand of sji'ite muslims who till this day are friendly with the americans.
    And you also can say. What is so special about Iraq. Why don't the US intervene in Liberia or Sudan. Well. It are not the Sudanese or Liberians who threaten to attack major cities in the world to destroy world peace. A stable middle east is important for worldpeace.

17. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

You are trying to call a paticular religion dangerous and violent, ignoring or playing denial about similar violent messages in others.

gilligan said that it wasn't christians that crashed planes into the WTC, in defense of christianity when others claimed simiarities between it and Islam. And he is right, it wasn't christians. But I thought I would bring up some recent christan atrocities to point out that christians have done their fair chare of damage, in history and in the present. There are christians that take their religion to such extremes that they would and do kill for it too.

The christian message is just as violent as the Islamic message. There are plenty of passages in the Bible instructing for harsh punishment, even death for others for various acts. Deuteronomy advises parents to stone to death rebellious children, even. In the new testament the bible speaks of war where christians will fight against non-christians for command of the earth. Did you not sing "Onward christians soldiers, marching into war..." in your sunday school? I did as a child in mine.

18. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

but the muslims who occupied alexandria burnt the texts because they didn't agree with the qu'ran

19. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

so those extremists represent every christian? every time a muslim bombs something, you say that they don't represent the majority of muslims. but according to you, the kkk shares the goals and beliefs of all christians. also, there are black christians, so the kkk argument is done with.

about eric rudolph and the olympics, wasn't there a massacre in 1972 at the Munich Olympics? by palestinians?

and i keep mentioning that i don't think muslims are extremely violent because once i don't mention it, someone will jump all over me for being a racist

20. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

Listen, all these mainstream religions are history spun with a "Godly" twist to ensnare people into a (cult)ure to get control. Now those same forces that made these religions are warring them against eachother to again consolidate power. It's called Divide and Conquer.
    The terrorists will never stop?
    Who's allowing them to keep going? Who's providing the cash...

New World Order.