Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

Discussion in 'Metaphysics, Philosophy and Religion Books' started by Piece Of Mind, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Piece Of Mind

Piece Of Mind Member

This book is quite revolutionary IMO. There are points that are made in this book that I don't quite agree with, while there are many others that are right on target.

I suggest this book to anyone who is interested in exploring opinions of the way we "should" be living our lives. Keep in mind though that it is best taken in if you read with an open-mind!

2. IndyMoon

IndyMoon Member

wondeful read man truly makes one look at how he lives and views the world and humanity as a society and a species

3. LunaUndone

LunaUndone Member

Has anyone read the others? The STory of B and My Ishmael? I LOVE all three books and am really trying to learn to be more of a leaver and less of a taker. Daniel Quinn really opened me up and healed my heart, after my initial shock over letting people starve that is. GREAT BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TimeToLive

TimeToLive Member

I felt the same way LunaUndone.
    I've read all of his books multiple times (especially his 'Ishmael trilogy'). I think alot of members on here could benefit greatly from reading anything by Daniel Quinn

5. Old Man Chrz

Old Man Chrz Guest

Ishmael is my favorite book of all time. Everyone should read it.

6. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

I thought Ishmeal was a great book... The part that struck me the most was idea of the whisperings of mother culture. Some ideas are so pervasive and ingrained into us that we don't even notice them and just accept the status quo as "the way it is..."