Is this considered cruelty?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

At 21, I doubt a dentist is going to get involved, honestly.

You guys are being actually pretty nasty to me, because you don't agree with me.

Doesn't matter though, my mother has enough respect not to do that.

2. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

So you're upset because we don't agree then. :rolleyes:
    I actually do agree with you, up to the calling the cops part.
    It's actually the op's fault if he's dumb enough to let her get ahold of his shit (comparing his other threads).
    When I said: "that's fucked up" I was referring to the op's situation, not you.

We were just expressing our opinion on this thread, you decided to take it personally.

3. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

maybe he could get the dentist to explain the medical facts to her and why he exactly needs this medicine.

4. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

Ok, here's the scenario. "Hey, doc. My mom's been withholding my meds, which is illegal, but I don't want to call the cops on her. Sometimes she goes overboard with the whole protective mother thing; I'd appreciate if you'd give her a call and explain to her that I need to take them." A little embarassing, but more civil.

5. Feelings Of U4ia

Um, no, my point was that you guys got all defensive because I didn't agree...lol. :rolleyes:

You guys all three jumped on my case because I would have gone about it different, maybe you need to re-read the thread?

I didn't take it personally, I simply stated that you guys started attacking me. One of you even went as far as to say that the OP didn't want a reply from someone of "my standards."

Three people disagreeing with someone and telling him he is wrong for thinking how he does is actually personal.

It's funny, because I had nothing against you, I actually was on your side...I asked what you meant by saying it was fucked up. I don't know how it got flipped around to you jumping on their side, but it's cool.

I am used to it.

Bottom line is this:

It's not right for a mother to let his son sit in pain. It's not right for a mother to dictate what medications a 21 year old kid takes. It's not right for a mother to steal her son's medication (just as it's not right for him to steal her's, considering the same circumstances, which each one of you have conveniently avoided answering).

Those are my opinions, and I don't think you guys should have anything to say about them. I even admitted maybe I am overreacting because I am on pain management. It still all boils down to respect, and you guys are basically saying that you need to respect your mother, but she doesn't need to respect you. I don't agree with that. I am not MAD as you seem to think, because you don't agree. I simply don't agree.

I am getting attacked by three people at once, yet I am the person who is taking things personally? Obviously I hit a nerve with you guys, by stating that I wouldn't respect my mother if she did such a thing?

Again, bottom line is that my mother wouldn't do this either. She has respect for me. Just like how I wouldn't take her medication. Respect is mutual, it goes around. At 21, you are an adult, just like her, so she should respect you in the same ways. You wouldn't take her medication, you all made that insanely clear. So why should it be okay for her to take yours?

6. Therese Aline

I did not say it was ok. I've said this more than once. It is not ok to allow your child to suffer. But he'll live. Is this situation worth ruining a relationship? That is the point I'm trying to make. Yes, she was wrong. But so wrong that he should kick her out of his life? Because I highly doubt she'd forgive him for having her arrested. That's a bit extreme. Seriously. It's not ok to hurt someone because they hurt you. That's hypocritical. Nobody said she was right. But he could be the better person, instead of stopping to her level. Otherwise he's no better than her.

7. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

8. Feelings Of U4ia

9. Therese Aline

Whatever. You are being legalistic. You are picking apart what we're saying and misconstruing it. It doesn't matter, I know we're right and that's enough for me.

10. Feelings Of U4ia

Is that not what you just did with my entire post, but you took the time to quote it?

Give me a break.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I've already stated my mother doesn't take pills, so this doesn't really apply to me. I really don't know how she would react as she hasn't been on prescription pills in about 15 years. We share her vitamin and herb supplements at the house so we don't have an issue with stealing...

I can't honestly answer your question without knowing how my mother would react. She's a pushover so she'd probably just take it.
    I don't have to worry with my mom. She doesn't abuse or steal, and neither do we.

You've obviously misunderstood my stance on this whole thing anyway, but I don't care.
    And yes, I do disagree with you on calling the cops. It's the op's fault if he can't keep her away from his medications. Sorry if that bothers you. :)
    Your opinion is valid too.
    I don't know the op, his mom, or his situation personally. I don't know if she's evil incarnate or just stupid. So it's really not my business and I can't call that shot.

12. Feelings Of U4ia

Wait. So when I asked why the OP's mom even KNEW about the medication, one of you said claimed that it was trust....and another one of you are blaming him for not keeping it from her?

Heh.

13. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Honey, that was me. (You know, WanderingSoul?) (Not Therese Aline)
    So you are confusing the 3 of us?
    Get your eyes checked.

14. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Key words here.

15. Feelings Of U4ia

Obviously it doesn't matter who I direct it to, you still can't read and comprehend anything.

You guys all have the same viewpoint, so I don't feel the need to separate you anymore.

Nor do I feel the need to amuse you with responses that just make you look worse.

Bye hun!

16. Therese Aline

17. Feelings Of U4ia

You mean you guys have been?

I have already reported all of you for attacking me, so it's all good, haha.

OMG MOMMY I LOVE YOU PLEASE STEAL MY PILLS SO I CAN PROVE SOMEONE WRONG AND NOT GET MAD!

:rolleyes:

18. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I'm pretty sure you quoted her. You can go back and look. It's pretty clear you hate to be proved wrong.
    You know, I never insulted you personally. You went there. You're the one acting like a total tool here.
    And I'm not gonna agree with you, or anyone else in this thread.
    Sorry.

19. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Thread closed due to several violations of the forum guidelines.
    Come on people lets keep it a little more mature around here please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.