Is this considered cruelty?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

I think what Burnt is clearly saying is that this is too petty an issue to be worth destroying his relationship with his mother. Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean you have to be right at any cost. You don't have your mother arrested without stirring up some major shit. I'd rather let it go and continue knowing my mother...

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

You always have the choice of generic drugs if a generic equivalent is made of that drug, it's the law. Unless the doctor specifically states that name-brand is medically necessary, which is uncommon for pain meds.

Also, Hydrocodone is cheaper then Oxycodone.

3. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I wouldn't have my mother arrested for that. But I do think it is very wrong to withhold medicine from an adult (or child) who is clearly in pain.

4. Feelings Of U4ia

I was just asking because you posted a response saying it was fucked up, and everyone is against me acting like I am being too harsh for saying I would protect my medication.

I guess I might be overreacting a little because I am on Pain Management, and if ANYONE ever tried to take my pain meds, someone would pay, because not only would I be in extreme pain, but I would be WD'ing as well. The fact still stands that at 21 years old, a mother has no right to take your meds.

I just don't understand what he made this thread for if he didn't want the type of response he got from me? What kind of reply did he want?

Also, it IS illegal, if he is over 18, and the script is in his name. It doesn't matter if she paid for them or not, it's his medication. It's against the law to have someone else's script in your possession for any reason.

I agree, but obviously he was upset about it enough to make a thread over it, so I was just giving him an option he COULD pursue. I might be harsh, but I wouldn't let anyone take MY medication. Again, how would your mother feel if you took HER medication, and kept it from her? Would she just let it go, just to keep her relationship with you?

5. Therese Aline

Just because someone deserves something doesn't mean you should take it upon yourself to make sure they get what's coming to them. She's his mom for Christ sake. He could take the high road, be the better person. :rolleyes: But I guess two wrongs make a right.

6. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Maybe he did not want such a response from a person of your standards.

7. Therese Aline

Uh, yeah. I'm her daughter. Haven't you ever heard the phrase blood is thicker than water? The same rules don't apply for family. You forgive them for shit you wouldn't forgive other people for, and you remain loyal to them even they don't deserve it because they're going to be loyal to you even when you don't deserve it. That's what family means. You don't fuck with family.

8. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

So it was okay for her to take his pills? Because she's his mama?

9. Therese Aline

Or maybe he was looking for an answer that would not only get his meds back, but preserve his living arrangements and his relationship with his mother. Seriously, there has to b a better answer than one that causes problems while it solves one.

10. Therese Aline

No, it's not ok. I just meant that they should be able to work this out without making it a legal issue. Fight it out with that basic standard of respect, no cops.
    But like I said, two wrongs don't make a right.

11. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Ok, I agree with you then.

12. Therese Aline

13. Feelings Of U4ia

You guys missed my whole point, apparently.

I was asking, would it be okay, if the roles were reversed. If he took HER pills, for whatever reason, and refused to give them back. NOT IN RETALIATION. Just to "protect" her, like she supposedly was doing for him.

You guys sure are nasty for being so respectful, aren't you? Just because I personally wouldn't let someone mess with my medication, that makes me a piece of shit?

Sorry you feel that way.

Answer what I said. If you stole her pills, for WHATEVER reason...say you thought she was taking too many, would it be the same scenario? Would your mother just let it ride, to salvage the relationship?

My main point is that it's fucked up for someone to keep you in pain just because they don't trust you enough to take your OWN medication correctly at 21 years old.

But you guys can continue to attack me, because I gave my opinion...real mature!

Before all of you respond next time, read. I didn't say he should go take his mother's medication to get back at her. I asked if the situation would be the same if he took her pills, for the same reason. In your household, if you took your mother's pills for that reason, would everything be the same as you are discussing it like here?

Maybe he shouldn't post his personal issues on a PUBLIC fucking forum. Quit acting holier then thou because you wouldn't do the same thing I would. Doesn't make you any better, it just means that I stand up for what I believe in. It also wouldn't happen with my family, because we have respect.

Something most of your families must be lacking if this is a scenario you could relate to.

:rolleyes:

My gf's Uncle molested her when she was 5. At 8 years old, her Cousin took her virginity.

Should she forgive them for that, because they are family? Remain loyal to them even though they don't deserve it? It's not the best analogy, but some people have certain boundaries, and you can't say that you are better then someone else because you forgive easier then others.

You don't fuck with family, unless they FUCK YOU literally, I guess? :rolleyes:

Keeping your son in pain to fulfill your own sick overprotective brain sure sounds like loyalty! "No FUCK YOU! You aren't getting ANYTHING for your pain, you don't NEED it! Your teeth already are out, you don't need pills!"

That sounds rational, and loyal.

Give me a break.

14. Jedite83

Jedite83 Members

Sorry to say, but your mom is fucked up.

15. Therese Aline

Eu4ia, I didn't say she wasn't wrong. She's very wrong. But I think there's a better way to solve it.

16. Feelings Of U4ia

What is your suggestion? Obviously he is in pain, and wants and needs his medication. So what would you suggest?

I haven't heard anyone actually give a better way, other then saying there IS a better way.

Someone said to call the dentist/pharmacist, which wouldn't do anything. They would inform the 21 year old to call the authorities if someone was keeping their medication from them.

So what is your suggestion?

17. Therese Aline

I actually think calling his doctor is a great idea. It can't hurt to try. I don't think his first choice should be cops, he could try everything first before taking the drastic route.

18. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I suggest he deals with his pain, it is only pain, it is not as if he is going to die of this. Then he should deal with his mother in a sane and rational way. Perhaps move on or negotiate.

19. Therese Aline

Ok, I think you're being legalistic now. Of course there are cases where forgiveness is not an option. But we're not talking about molestation and rape.

20. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I don't think Therese, Burnt, or I were nasty at all about this.

Perhaps if he called his doctor/dentist and asked him to inform the mother about how much pain he were in it could possibly work without anyone having to call the authorities, if the doctor or an assistant were willing to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.