Is there a thread to meet/contact/communicate with other people?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by smuggymba, Mar 2, 2018.

1. smuggymba

smuggymba Guest

With websites like Craigslist and Ashely Madison just being a source of fake profiles, bots, virus and scamsters...shouldn't there be a place on this forum where we can interact and meet people.

Forums where people regularly log in and communicate are a better place to meet real people rather than running after fake profiles elsewhere.

Thoughts?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Irminsul and Deidre like this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

Yes and no. For one thing, there's fake profiles here too. Yeah, you can usually figure it out by reading their posts, but then you can usually figure out which profiles are fake on dating sites too. But the big difference is that those types of sites are generally location based. Here, I've met some really cool women, but none of them are within 1000 miles of where I live.

Also, there is a personals section here. It doesn't get much traffic and what it does is mostly from horrible guys saying things like "dose any gurl went to get cummed in her but by mi 92 inch pennsis?" But the fact that it exists and this is all that it gets could definitely be taken as evidence that it's not as great of an idea as it seems at first glance.

Candybuttons, jpdonleavy and Orison like this.
  4. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

where /is/ the personals section? i've never found the thing.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's not one for anyone except "Gays".

Hip Forums has "Gay Personals".

6. Born25YearsTooLate

drat. since the only penis I'm interested in is my own, that doesn't help much.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

didn't there used to be a regular personals? did they take it away because it was only used by the creeps that like to PM me for pics of my nonexistent vagina?

8. Born25YearsTooLate

wouldn't surprise me. creeps gotta ruin everything.

I'd just like to meet somebody who isn't going to cheat on me, lie to me or try and kill me in my sleep. meh. maybe my standards are too high. :p

9. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

There's still the "Classifieds" section.

But in terms of communicating with others on here, we're already doing that by interacting with other members on these forums, or in the chat. It's just a matter of building enough trust between the involved parties should an actual offline meetup become a realistic step to take.

I have in the past allowed a very small group of fellow HF members to see my real identity. That was more than 10 years ago, and back then I was in a long distance relationship with a particular ex-member. We all added one another on MySpace, and would chat outside HF via instant messaging software like AIM, MSN, and Yahoo. It was fun, but we all drifted apart and none of the people in our little "group" regularly comes here any more. Well, I guess save for myself, lol.

So I don't know, I have no immediate plan of revealing my real identity to anyone on HF this time around, and am therefore quite happy being the mysterious one. If this makes me a "fake" then I don't know what to say about that. I mean, I'm still the same person whether I'm being the ::AT:: persona or being my real self. I don't change the way I am just because I'm on the internet. But if there's something fake about me, then it's definitely the way I physically look versus the way I look in real life. But that's obvious, because my avatar is a cartoon character which, hopefully, most people have already figured out by now, LOL.

Aerianne likes this.
  10. Awesomefriends

Awesomefriends Members

I’d like to have a thread as the OP suggested. I’m here to find like minded people that like being outdoors near me. (300 milesish) My GF and I are desperate to find real people in real life to build community. I’m on here because I don’t know where else to go to find a few open minded pagan neato people that like backpacking and hiking.

Aerianne likes this.
  11. storch

storch banned

Well, I wouldn't cheat on you, or lie to you. And two out of three ain't bad. So, wudeeyasay?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  12. Aerianne

Aside from the general chat threads, be sure to look for

Camping/Outdoor Living

Communal Living

Backpackers Message Forum

Awesomefriends likes this.
  13. Awesomefriends

Awesomefriends Members

14. Born25YearsTooLate

sorry, the 'kill me in my sleep' option being open and the whole 'you have a penis' kinda put me off. gotta decline.

15. Aerianne

You're welcome!

16. Aerianne

The Relationship section might be the place for people who are looking to meet someone with the initial goal being other than sex.

Place a topic there about what you are looking for.

Relationships

17. Aerianne

The more I think about this, I think it's a good idea. I think posts similar to "Looking For Friendship and Maybe More" could go in that section.

Dan50 and Awesomefriends like this.