Is there a minor or major difference?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by bourne1978, Jun 16, 2018.

1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Is there a minor or major difference between a "psychic," "mystic," and an "oracle"? If so, then please fill me in on it. And is it possible for a person to be classified as all three?

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

An oracle stands alone , then along comes a mystical bird to dance for the oracle's blessing , and the psychic
    may witness this .

Write freely .

RainyDayHype likes this.
  3. You can be a psychic or a mystic and not be an oracle. An oracle speaks with the voice of God, omniscient. Mystics really just hold a belief. Oracles are psychic, but not all psychics are oracles.

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Yes, they are different. I think you already found ur answer.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Either the mystic or the psychic could be sporting a recognizable and traditional costume .
    Don't know how an oracle might be recognized - it could be the oracle personae is disper-
    sed among the many and anonymous , like a child might in a moment speak with power
    and truth .

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There's no fundamental difference at all, just three ways of being a charlatan.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Oracles see the future.

Mystics sense the past.

Psychics ask for money.

windy likes this.
  8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

My teacher's teacher was described as a mystic , an old-time magic man . They met in 1916 in Austria when
    my teacher was 5 yrs old and playing in a park . The man was ' a mysterious stranger in a star-strewn mantle '.
    Little Johnny received a wisdom of old , old language that is always new , new . After telling his parents of
    his new and exciting enlightenment as well his commitment to it , they sent him to a psychiatrist .

Long before I learned of any of this I too visited a psychiatrist , just randomly dropped into the doctors office
    for 5 minutes . There was no charge . He told me there is nothing more to this life than work , play and family -
    so get to it young man and quit worrying the world of idea . I would've paid him 5 sense .

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm the first two.....:smileycat:

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

All three are different.

11. I myself am all three.

It is difficult, as tikoo explained. Few people have any appreciation for the mystic, and they're terrified of the oracle. It's a growing experience as well. It is difficult to maintain one's own sanity who has seen beyond the veil, and then they end up putting you on drugs, which stymies the lifestyle that you love. We are truly victims in the modern era.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Then I am none by those definitions. i was going by TY's. I don't think anyone can put a label on what i am.....:smilecat:

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Should your community have sent you forth into the beyond to learn and be changed then
    you may be a prophet . They will hope you return to help them . In the balance though ,
    their prophet may have become too strange .

"too strange" is a label . The honest soul will not seek it or avoid it .

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

psychic refers to having psionic abilities, such as telepathy, psionically enhanced empathy, mental communication with non-humans, and so on.
    mystic is someone who partially through their beliefs, creates an aura that partially conceals their true identity.
    oracal is someone consulted for their predictions. this is the only term of those mentioned, directly concerned with predictions or making them.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Oracle may define itself exactly . And this may only be discovered by asking
    the Oracle . What are you , Oracle ?

If your Dictionary were an Oracle , ha! , it may answer you :

dikt shun err eee
    ;
    " I am the book you are reading " .

Furthermore , its language would also be self-defining . English , for one , cannot
    linguistically do that . So my English Dictionary describes the Oracle as non-existent ,
    past , dead , useless .

This message relates to my consultation with an Oracle .