Is Syria the New Iraq?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chodpa, Aug 27, 2013.

1. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Assad did not gas them, this is just Liberals way of sympathizing with Obamas War. "oh, he cares about children" Tell that to the 100's of kids he Droned!

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm so happy that both democrats and republicans are starting to think in more libertarian terms, I see it happening almost exponentially. And then you have statists like Odon..

3. odonII

odonII O

StpLSD25

Do you think CNN (etc) knew before or didn't concern themselves with...?
    He isn't a CNN reporter is he?

Why not? Why should they pay any attention to the UN?
    It wouldn't be war, btw.

Well, not really.

4. odonII

odonII O

Je vous demande pardon?

5. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Your allergy to the truth is so severe, you probably can't breathe. The protesters are the liberals. And this is McCain and Graham's war, they're the ones that that have been crying for an invasion of Syria for over two years. That's why Obama has put the question to congress, so morons like you can't blame him for it.

6. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

barry the war lord. Anything to assisst his islamic bro-hood. WWIII. Courtesy the DNC.

7. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Ehh, again, I am not sure I trust that power in the hands of "the people" any more than I do it in the hands of "the government".

8. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

He's helped alot of people change their mind on intervention, due to lies. CNN said "we only know what you tell us," and yes, I think they knew Syroa Danny was lying, but had motives of their own to manipulate info (they still support this war.

Well, mostly because Obama said "The world drew a line." Umm evidently not cause Russia doesn't even believe Assad is responsible. However, UN countries are urging American not to attack without a UN resolution.

Furthermore, regardless of what John Kerry says, this is a war. It is just like Iraq, because as soon as they get in, they're gonna drop all they lies the fed to us.

Russia doesn't believe Assad did it, and said it's insulting to expect the International community get involved in something with "Classified evidence." Putin says, if the US has REAL evidence, they should show it. But if they keep claiming it's "classified," it's because they don't have it!!

9. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Haha! Congress is probably voting "No," let's see what Obama does when he loses. He only put the question to Congress, cause Congress kept asking him too, he's not gonna listen to Congress if they disagree with him, he's hungry for a new middle eastern conflict.

10. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Well, no offense, but I think you're nieve on this subject.. The Government got us into Vietnam and other wars through lies, they work for the highest bidder, take our freedoms, use force on peaceful people and give special benefits to corporations. People just want to live their day-by-day, and not cause harm on one-another. Government, on the other hand, is a monopoly of violence.

11. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I am surprised you, of all people here, give a shit that the UN has to say about anything the US may or may not do.

Russia has just as much of an agenda here as the US and I sincerely doubt any amount of concrete evidence would sway Russia from its current course. Russia doesn't give a shit about Syria, its people, or if chemical weapons were used. This is all about Russia trying to position itself as a relevant world power again, regardless of whether it really is or not. Putin is playing a clever game here. He understands very well why revealing classified evidence is an extremely tough call and that it isn't always the right call. That said, I firmly believe that Syrian government forces used chemical weapons. It is, ultimately irrelevant whether or not Assad knew about or ordered the use of them; ultimately he is responsible. All that said, I still don't think we should strike Syria.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I am naive and yet you post shit like this? "People" are greedy, spiteful, full of emotion, and prone to making rash, ill conceived decisions. "The People" are just as capable of violence as your boogie man government. Yeah, I'd sleep well knowing the power was in "the people's" hands....

Who are "the people", btw?

13. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

I believe that they are the ones who run our government.

14. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Every individual citizen. Your post is the confusing one. Yes some people want to cause harm on others, most don't. Furthermore, at least I don't look at the government like my Nanny, to protect me from every "bad" person in the world. Everything the government has done is bad, and I would argue when people say "oh they do some good;" they only do good cause citizens get fed up and say "you need to do something about this" and they, Plug the gap. That's it. They put their finger in the leak.

In the meantime, they do bad every single day. I've been helped once by government, but harrassed/charged by them indefinitely! We're not getting our moneys worth, and I'd even argue whether the people are benefitted at all.

15. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

That's a funny comment from a Democratic-Liberal. Talk to me when your candidate isn't bought by Goldman Sachs, jerk.

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

So the mob then. "The people" are just as capable of being tyrannical as the government. Yeah, I am naive....

You're saying I look to the government like "my Nanny"? What have I ever said to suggest that?

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Mob rule? Yeah dude, that's what no government is. But the difference is, people are much more aware today. You don't see people hanging "witches" these days, or Restaurants denying people food. They are also subject to freemarket criticism for such actions. (like the owner of Chik-fil-a was)

There are different ways to go about realizing this dream. I think ultimately we should have no governments, but we should start with no Federal Government, and putting that power onto the states.

Executives are always quick to rush into war, this is why that power was placed on the Congress in the Constitution, and that's why the "war powers" act is unconstitutional. Furthermore Mr. Obama isn't under it's protection, because Assad is NOT a threat to OUR Nation.

I think most American citizens do. People hate the Idea of cutting their programs. Idk about you personally, I wasn't trying to refer to you.

But you confuse me sometimes with regards to the Constitution, cause sometimes we agree totally, then you act like the Federal Government is over the Constitution; Whereas, the Supremacy Clause (Article VI) say different...

To this, you told me to "go through the proper channels" to get the War powers act declared "Unconstitutional." But with regards to all the new Unconstitutional Legislation and The Federal Governments way of keeping those laws in place, should be evidence to everyone that our checks and balances are broken. (NDAA, NDRP, CISPA, HR347 and, the Patriot Act.)

Also there are now groups whose sole job is to violate the Constitution. IE TSA, DHS, NSA and certain lobbyist.

No one can still possibly believe we're some "free country" that allows freedom to all of our citizens. It's a big sham for a Defense-Industry Oligarch. But the politicians are both puppets, and an active part in the bit. Either way we vote goes to the powers that be.

18. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

p.s people are not capable of being tyrannical, if there's not so much power concentraited in the hands of a few individuals.

19. Sig

Sig Senior Member

And I am, apparently, naive.... I see just as many witch hunts going on today that, without some sort of power structure acting as an neutral arbitrator, would end in hangings. Again, I distrust the mob. People today as just as stupid and emotional as they have always in.

No power structures at all?

So says you, a 24 year old man on the internet, and your interpretation of the Constitution. Others, including legal scholars, say otherwise. Who to believe....

I have said nothing of the sort.

So what do you advocate, Stp? Going on the internet and just bitching about it? Calling people in power and telling them you are really, really angry? Yeah, that is working. It is a hard fight, no doubt. A hard fight you don't seem willing to actually fight.

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

The mob is just as capable of robbing someone of their life and liberty as a government is. I supposed to be the naive one....