Is SP the best Entheogen for Artists?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by impressionist, Oct 17, 2013.

1. impressionist

impressionist Guest

Would you say that Mescaline (San Pedro..etc) would be the best Entheogen/ Psychedelic for Artists? I have used Sand Pedro several times and it does give a very nice.. intense journey.. it provides some visual inspiration too.. however.. in my opinion LSD or even Shrooms seem to give a much more visual experience.... all other factors being equal..( intensity of trip etc) I would like to try DMT but just haven't had the opportunity yet..

I'm really looking for something for a more Spiritual, Artistic high.. not looking to party.. What do you think? What is the best Entheogenic substance for Artistic inspiration?

Impressionist:beatnik:

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I was about so say that's a stupid question... until I actually thought about it..

First off, I thought it was stupid because there is no better or worse psychedelic, it's personal preference. They all do more or less the same thing: dissolve "boundaries".

It also completely depends on what you see, your personality, and how you paint/draw/sculpt/whatever.. psychedelics will help you notice different things, but it still all comes back to how your particular sack of flesh manifests your thoughts..

Get the feeling I'm rambling nonsense.. but basically, after psychedelics shatter your reality into many many pieces, it's how you put the few pieces you noticed back together again... which is the tricky bit.

I want to add more about how psychedelics are such a tiny portion of what life has to offer you artistically(the spiritual side goes hand in hand), but I can't help sounding like a pompous twat so I'll just leave it at this.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I play music so there might be some variability but maybe I can provide some useful info... I agree with MeatyMushroom for the most part however I think particular psychedelics leave certain faculties intact which may make them 'better' to perform activities such as art on.

I make most the core elements of my music like the riffs and a lot of the structure when I'm sober. My music is definitely largely reflective of my psychedelic experiences and I'd say there is probably a couple of psychedelics in particular which tend to dominate the scope of my music but I have taken other psychedelics and looked at things from a different perspective to listen and have work on nuanced aspects of songs.

I'd say San Pedro and LSD might be easier to work with as they generally have more lucidity to them, but again it depends what you want to do, how you respond to the substances and you very well may have a few different pieces which are influenced by different trips/substances. In fact, this reminds me of a link that was posted on here in one of the psychedelic forums a couple years ago where an artist ingested a wide variety of different drugs and made a painting that expressed the particular high for them. DMT would likely be the most difficult trip to work on; the brevity, effects on coordination, and overwhelmingness it delivers seems like it would pretty much be relegated to only working with on low doses or as the residual effects are residing for such purposes.

4. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Ahh yeah yeah, under the influence I agree some are definitely better than others :p Lol, aMT SUCKS for drawing..

But yeah, forgot to add this.. possibly the biggest thing that I've got from contrasting the different head spaces(visually), is how this "baseline reality" has it's own unique "character".
    There's an underlying pattern to everything, a very elegant pattern, rhythm even(to bridge the gap between music and art), and it's become a lot easier for me to identify that now. Thing's aren't as intimidating.. because this reality's actually pretty tame :D Trying to logically comprehend a scene from 4g+ mushroom experience is hard enough, let alone trying to paint it :p