Is my manager flirting with me?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by totems.hilarious, Jan 25, 2014.

1. totems.hilarious

totems.hilarious Guest

Hi...opinions plz

Ever since my boss started weve had a weird relationship. We are both gay n she has a gf. But she asks me for coffee (she never asks any other members of her other staff?) she said that she is going to be moving into a separate office on her own and I should stop by and keep her company. When we talk business she makes it more casual. I asked about arranging a meeting with her and cause she had to delay it for a few days she said 'I don't want you to think I'm forgetting about you...I could never forget about you' when I walk in the office she looks me up n down head to toe. I'm worried cause I don't want things getting messed up at my job. What do you guys think???

Thnx for ur opinions

2. Beca012

Beca012 Member

Hard to answer this question! It all depends on how she acts. Does she look you up and down like "You're very late young lady!" or does she smirk and tip her glasses? Maybe not in such an exaggerated way but you get my point. When I read everything she does and says it doesn't seem flirty at all. But the way she says it can be flirty. Think about how she acts or if it's just all in your head.

If you don't want to do anything with her then guess what, don't do anything ;) I know it might be tough if she is smoking but just don't give her something to work with. Don't flirt back (if she is flirting).

3. Lulu1967

Lulu1967 Member

It doesn't sound particularly flirty to me.

She's in a steady and stable relationship - but that doesn't mean she can't be glad to have the company of another lesbian in the workplace. It can be very lonely, being the only openly lesbian person in an office.

4. silk896

silk896 Member

Sounds like she enjoys your company as Lulu wrote above.

But hang in there. maybe she's waiting for some response from you.

5. totems.hilarious

totems.hilarious Guest

Maybe she is just bein friendly. Kinda think I might want her 2 be flirting cause she is so hot! I'm am out at work but she's not out 2 every1...didn't take long for her 2 come out 2 me. Dunno how I cud make a move even if I wanted!! Liking ur boss is so awkward!

6. Jerlene

Jerlene Member

Not too sure. It sounds like she just thinks of you more of a friend than an employee but doesn't really have feelings for you.

7. ford2019

ford2019 Members

Hey, ma'am. I don't really think, that it's flirting. There is nothing awful, that man say, that you are beautiful or this dress looks very good on you now) Moreover, I'll say you like a man, that even when women say such phrases, like these - https://vivmag.com/56-flirty-text-messages-that-will-make-him-crazy/ , it doesn't look like flirt. Frankly speaking, flirt is gestures of attention, like touching, smiling, winks. So if man treat you well it isn't, that he is flirting with you)

8. Varmint

Varmint Member

You said that when you walk into her office she looks you up and down. I've noticed that women in general have a different way of gawking....that is, they're more discreet about it. Letting you see her look you up and down like that would make me think that she's clearly demonstrating interest or appreciation of what she sees. Nevertheless, she is in a relationship. If you inquire discreetly about it, she may tip her hand if she has more on her mind than general appreciation.

I find things rather frustrating these days with women. I see them, and their beauty, and I appreciate it. Sometimes I'll compliment one on her outfit. That doesn't mean I want to engage with them in any way. What I'm trying to say is that, just because someone appreciates your appearance doesn't mean they're interested in anything more with you. Only she can tell you, and such things in the workplace can be risky. Once you alter that workplace dynamic, you can seldom go back, so tread carefully. Let HER escalate to any next level. She may just need a friend.

9. Red Velvet Cupcake

Red Velvet Cupcake Newbie

"Let's grab coffee" "Stop by and keep me company" Okay but personally those sound like suggestions and not something a friend nor boss would say. Take it how it resonates. I wouldn't entertain this. It's unprofessional and will potentially cost a paycheck and hurt feelings. If you're questioning someone's intentions then they're not clear. It's obvious enough.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  10. Jcinalco

Jcinalco Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As an FYI, that originally post is ten years old!

11. Laurette

Laurette Members

For several years, I was a regular customer at a local smoke shop. The manager and I became very close friends. When my disability was about to run out, and I realized that it was time to go back to work, I told her casually that I was ready to go back to work. She instantly offered me a job, which I accepted. At first, I was part-time, but within a month, I had switched to full-time. It was during this time that I met my soulmate. How nervous I was at the thought of coming out. She was the first one that I came out too. I knew that two of the other sales clerks were lesbians, and one was bisexual; I always thought that my bosslady was straight. She smiled, showed me a lesbian pendant that she wore beneath her blouse, and welcomed me to the club. We talked at length about my new realization, reassured me about coming out, and told me not to be afraid, that once I was out, I'd be the happiest that I had ever been.

I also realized at this time that she and I missed our opportunity to be a couple. I often wonder how that would have been.