Is Most Weed Lacking In Cbd?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Motion, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Is there too much THC in weed nowadays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdH-waBVWQ0

1 person likes this.
  2. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Is this lack of CBD one big reason that many people have problems with anxiety and paranoia after smoking weed?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

CBD helps balance the experience but I think some people are just more inclined to have anxiety when they smoke.

1 person likes this.
  4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I get some stuff that is 1:1 THC:CBD and it is definitely a more mellow high. I prefer it for when I want to smoke but still want to actually be able to get something done.

1 person likes this.
  5. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Which strains will give you a decent amount of CBD?

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Pennywise seems to be the most common high CBD strain (1:1). Right now my place also has a strain called Moby Dick that is 1:1, and a strain called CBD Therapy that is 1% THC/ 10% CBD.

1 person likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Um, it isn't so much that the CBD calms you vs. THC escalates your issues. It's actually easier to accomplish something, in my honest opinion, on some strains like Blue Dream, or Jack Herer (however you spell it). So, in other words Sativas can be easier to handle. They (sativas) have higher ratio of THC:CBD, than, say, some indica strains do. You will see. People on here will try to tell you different. They want to push indica for some reason. Don't buy in. It's hype, and nonsense. Indica is great, but it does what is called "couchlock". This does not happen with sativas.

So what does that say about CBD you ask? Well, the ratio of THC:CBD is more even in Indica strain. That doesn't mean the CBD is the active ingredient for "couchlock". It just means that there is some chemistry going on with the indica strain that isn't happening with the sativa strain. Don't believe the posts on the forum. Ask a weed guy at a dispensary from the telephone. After doing this several times, you should be getting at least partial information.

Hope this helps. and that said, it should be known that I don't smoke anymore and haven't in several years. I don't know if they even have Blue Dream anymore. It was a big strain back in the day like 2011 or so.

8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

In my experience, the sativas will make you more excitable, while killing pain... and the indicas will bring you down and make you sleepy.

Happy growing!

Never too much THC or CBDs... :)

9. Iloveorgasms5

Iloveorgasms5 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, if you go to a depensary website, you can search by CBD percentage. I've found that most contain only trace amounts of CBD 0.07% while the THC will be 20%+