Is Man Made Global Warming A Hoax Now?

Discussion in 'Global Warming' started by Motion, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

What do you make of this? Do these e-mails discredit the man made global warming theories?

2. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Of course it's a hoax. The emails are interesting, though.

3. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

This does not discredit the theories, just some of the research we thought was proving them.

4. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

i think that even though we humans are driving the earth to hell with all the shit we to do it, the global warming stuff is a push for world government in disguise.. and maybe these hacked emails have opened the gates for investigation and whatnot but gov'ts will keep pushing their agenda in the name of saving the planet

5. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

So what exactly is supporting the theories then?

6. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Well for one thing I'm assuming that this organization that has been caught screwing up isn't the only one that has ever done research that indicated that global warming caused by humans may be real. On top of that, I highly doubt that all of this organization's research was just made up from out of nowhere. We know they've been screwing with the numbers in some cases but I'm sure they have plenty of legitimate research as well. Of course, we can't regard it as such since we now know about their unethical handling of the research data and have no real way to differentiate between the good and the bad data. This does not mean we should believe that it is 100% lies either.

I guess what I'm saying is just because this entity has been caught lying in some cases doesn't automatically mean that manmade global warming doesn't exist at all.

7. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

You're right. I don't believe man-made global warming exists to begin with, but these emails are certainly not enough to disprove it on their own.

8. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Life has always been symbiotic with geologic and climatic forces. The colonization of the oceans contributed to the oxygenation of the atmosphere. Organisms contribute to the process of turning minerals into soils. The simple reflectivity of vegetated surfaces affects temperature. Man made structures create micro-climes.

9. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

10. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

11. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

So what are we basing our worldwide stradegies on theory or science?

12. gardener

Mass hysteria and Wall St. many are poised to make a fortunre off cap and trade and carbon offsets. The newest derivatives market is foaming at the bit.

13. gardener

Wow I am placated just like I was when McCain said the economy was sound.Thing is all these talks on the enviornoment hinge on the developed countries paying off the little guys...not going to happen, just look at what has happened in the US since 2007. The rich get bailed out the poor are held individually responsible.Thing is with mother nature, she just doesn't give a shit. She'll do her thing with us or without us. She doesn't ask for a buy out. She holds the winning hand and none of us can change it. Think about those whale fossils found in desserts.

14. gardener

That amounts to a media pat on the head, much like we got when Enron was raping California. Remember them? Triple A rating, but never provided any service or comodity but made a few people rich and a lot of people in California very poor, and resulting in getting Arnold elected to fix everything. Are you all aware of how Arnold has fixed things? Want to spread that globally based on phony science?

15. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Well, far be it from the Associated Press to bend the truth. I am placated.

16. sunfighter

I must disagree. The poor progress of the Copenhagen Conference shows how much the rich are against the idea of taking responsibility for global warming. I think that for every person who stands to make a buck off the crisis, there are ten rich people who would lose. Nothing much will be done about global warming because the rich are selfish and they own the U.S. Senate and half of the House.

17. gardener

Sorry not buying it. The Copenhagen talks are falling apart because the rich and powerful are not willing to sign agreements with the 3rd world countries, go figure. If you want a payout negotiate it with Goldman Sachs. The working poor of the US have enough on their plates right now. I for one am glad my country hasn't signed a contract that will increase my utility bills.

18. Sadhu

Sadhu Member

if you dont believe in global warming, do some fucking research. Show some evidence why it doesn't exist. Because science is showing otherwise.

The government has nothing to gain from reducing their fucking carbon outtake.

19. sunfighter

That's an extremely short-sighted and selfish view. If you could pay, say, $40 to avoid the worst aspects of global warming, would you?

I don't think annual utility bills for the average American would go up much more than that. Maybe less, since you would be conserving to some extent.

20. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Depends whose science you're talking about. The real science is pretty iffy, but mainstream popular science seems to have come to a pretty solid conclusion. Go figure.